• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

um right..... abit of an odd help request.

Started by mightygoose, May 27, 2007, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

i need to borrow a computer programmer for something...

ive trawled the internet and found nothing...

i am trying to find a 3rd party library text translator.

basically ideally it is something with an input output dialogue box and a button that switches between translate A-B and B-A...

as its more of an encoder language B has a fixed word length of 3.

basically i want the thing to translate using a library which is a txt file...

so.. like

"numbers 1234" would be an entry. ideally recognising all characters on a UK keyboard bar the designated spacer(space for example)

characters being abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789\,./;'#[]`-= and ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYz)!"£$%^&*(|<>?:@~{}¬_+

i mean is that possible, if so how difficult and how time consuming...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Are you saying you want to simply transpose characters, like

"abc" = "zyx"

That would be easy- just about any programming language would do- I think there might be an "off-the-shelf" ASCII transposition routine out there.

Dividing the output into groups of three characters would also be pretty simple.  I see an issue, though, with the existing spaces in the "A" document.  Would you encode those as well?  That creates a shortage of encoded characters, or puts spaces where you don't want them.

PM me, mg- I might be able to help better if I knew what your output was needed for.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

no im trying to convert words to code words... effectively....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

ssc4k

you mean create your own code? well first why would you want to do this and it wouldnt be hard to make you would just transfer the alpahbet into numbers put an equation for it to run through have it untransfered form numbers to text and the do opposite for undoing it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.