• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vista and Pat???

Started by Pat, May 17, 2009, 07:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

yea yea I know its been a 120 days but this is my thread lol, OK its been a year since I had this computer been having no problems till now... OK long story short computer was unplugged and stored for about May 21 till June 2nd with disk 2 inside the drive...

Ive always left disk two inside and played with out a problem but during this down time the computer was stored in a garage and now the game wont load at all... I wont bore you all with the details why the computer was stored in a garage but if you have me on Facebook you know why...

Ive tried to pull out all the plugins and nothing, Ive even done a system restore and nothing... Did I kill my disk by being stored in the garage? I had also tried to pull out the regions folder and leave one region in there as well and nothing... I need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp bad as in this time when it rains it poors in my life....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

xxdita

Does the drive read other discs? It could be a loose connection. Also, check to see if the disc is readable at all in Windows Explorer. Do you get the AutoPlay option when you insert the disc?

j-dub

I hope nothing was near magnets, those can really mess things up, especially with computers. I swear, I have still seen untouched copies of SC4 on major store shelves, (the Simcity Box, it may even be sold through EA's online store) worse case scenario, but you will only know if you try other unrelated discs and those don't work in your PC as well. If it is a driver error, there are places that do repairs in my state that are so smart, they can even fix game consoles, but I won't bore you with those stories, but I have had something similar happen:

One day on my vista, the game acted up, and the PC failed to read the disc, even though the disc was in there, that I had to go through full reinstall and miraculously it worked afterword, except it took forever for disc 2 to finally be recognized, and I had to keep redoing it until it worked, but there were some side effects I don't like to mention. When leaving the SC4 disc and booting the PC up, it used to read something about gathering system boot data from installation disc before the PC went to sign on. This was weird. I left SC4 in my PC last night, turned it on today, and my PC was black for a while starting up, and took longer to load up. Turned out there were back door executable trojans snuck and invaded my PC then camouflaged in the program files, that could of also been the case slowing it down, and not SC4, but who knows, that could of really messed things up if whatever it was got activated. I hope everyone else reading occasionally checks to see if something is not right down theirs. If you see a weird exe file on your pc, back out of the folder its in and delete that so you don't click on the exe itself. Also had to get rid of google web accelerator, it seems to be a backdoor loophole for tros.

Pat, if and when your issues get solved, I hope you will be able to resume and enjoy the new RHW, NWM and TuLEP's for this game.

Pat

Hey guys thanks for the thoughts there will have to check into and get back to you both...  Im at the fire station atm and dont have my computer set up yet where I am staying but far as I know in the garage there was no maganets and other disk do play...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie