• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aspyr SimCity 4 Rush Hour Universal Update: SC4RHMac1.1RevA.dmg

Started by dahemac, April 27, 2011, 08:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahemac

QuoteSimCity 4 Rush Hour Universal Update

This is an open Beta Patch for SimCity 4 Rush Hour. The open beta status of this patch is intended to let the user of this patch provide us with feedback as to how well it works. For now, Simcity 4 Rush Hour is still not supported for play on Intel Macs. Feel free to provide us with feedback as to how well it is working, or what you would like fixed in the patch. Please send all feedback to
feedback@aspyr.com.

I noticed this update on the aspyr website. It is dated April 27, 2007 and my SimCity 4 is dated 2005/08/31 (Version: 1.1 (v1517)). So I installed it. After that as soon as I opened a city I got a freeze and beachball. I uninstalled and reinstalled the original version from the DVD and everything is running well again.

Does anyone know anything about the patch? The DMG is called SC4RHMac1.1RevA.dmg.

dahemac

What we have here is a howling wilderness of non-interest. Maybe I dreamed that there was a SimCity 4 Rush Hour Universal Update from Aspyr.

Andreas

You do realize that the number of experienced Mac users here is probably not that high? Try asking your question at other SC4 sites as well, maybe you have more luck there. :)
Andreas

DeusNoctum

I run on a PPC Mac with no update. Your quote from aspyr indicates the patch was beta and would not work on an intel-based machine. So if your Mac is intel, that would account for the beachball. If you're not intel, then you could report back to aspyr exactly what you reported here and see if they'll tell you when the final patch will be available. I never run beta patches of anything. Have heard too many stories like yours where the machines flip out.

Hope this helps.
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

dahemac

Thanks, DeusNoctum.

I think the whole thing has been abandoned by aspyr. Too bad really because I have seldom seen a game with such longevity. If they released a version with the patches equal to the PC version, I think they could still sell it.

TEG24601

Actually, the Patch is on Aspyr's website, and is what is required to use SC4 on Lion, and you have to either be using Deluxe or the full Rush Hour upgrade, which may be difficult to install, depending on the revision of the application.

It is of course here - http://www.aspyr.com/software/news/23/138

It works great, except for some minor issues in the route query tools color scheme.  I've been a Mac user since 2001 and been using SC4:Deluxe since 2006.