• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Izidor44 maps collection

Started by Izidor44, January 13, 2012, 07:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0pr4x

Hi!

I would like to know if you take request? Because if you want some new challenge you could do smaller map, around 3 large x 3 large! For exemple, only the downtown of montreal and not the whole island.

What do you think? :)

Izidor44

Hi c0pr4x,

Yep, it could be interesting to do some small maps, for very typical small areas probably...

But 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 big tiles maps are very small (12,23 x 12,23 km and 16,38 x 16,38 km respectivelly).

For Montreal, Dobdriver already made a map of the whole area, so it would be easier just to crop his file to the desired zone.

Izi

c0pr4x

I put Montreal for a example but it could be anywhere in the world. I would be cool if you try a little map/region... challenge for you and challenge for us too player! :)

Izidor44

Hi Gentlemen,

Some more news of the mapping machine !

Mias - Russia (3 arc resolution)

Cabo san Luca - Mexico (1 arc resolution)

Creston - Canada (3/4 arc resolution)

A billion of tiles to render ! Definitly need something strong... :-[

Cheers,

Izi

Izidor44

Quote from: c0pr4x on June 28, 2012, 09:06:20 AM
I put Montreal for a example but it could be anywhere in the world. I would be cool if you try a little map/region... challenge for you and challenge for us too player! :)

Hi c0pr4x,

I did a little test with a 7 x 6 big tiles map, which is a modest dimension I think. Here it is Coos Bay (Oregon) in 1/9 arc resolution (highest avalaible so far)...

Looks apetizing, no ?

Izi

c0pr4x

Izidor44

Hello mappers,

A few maps have been uploaded recently on the STEX :

Saint-Tropez - France (3 arc resolution)

Creston - Canada (3/4 arc resolution)

Cheers,

Izi

Kergelen

Fantastic maps Izidor. &apls

The Creston map is a perfect map for mountanious area landscaping.

Links to SC4 websites

Izidor44

Good morning gentlemen,

Some maps in high resolution definition are ready for the rendering stage :

Kalispell - Montana (1/3 arc resolution), request by CathodeRay

Kansas City - Missouri (1/9 arc resolution)

Coos Bay - Oregon (1/9 arc resolution)

That's all for today...

Cheers,

Izi

rooker1

Nice work. &apls
Coos Bay - Oregon has some interesting features.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

cmdp123789

Hey... long time no see buddy... listen, I was wondering if it was possible to make a Miami map, using the 1/9 arc... you know, quality, proper scaling... the usual  &apls is it possible???

Izidor44

Quote from: cmdp123789 on August 22, 2012, 08:45:57 PM
Hey... long time no see buddy... listen, I was wondering if it was possible to make a Miami map, using the 1/9 arc... you know, quality, proper scaling... the usual  &apls is it possible???

Hi cmdp123789,

Yep, not so much SC4 activity for me since 2 months or so (pretty busy I was)...

Your request sounds pretty interesting, I need first to clean up my desktop and finish all the projects I've started before...

Be sure I will have a look at !

Izi

Izidor44

Good morning gentlemen,

After quite a long silence, I'm slowly awakening...

Let me refresh this thread with the last uploaded maps I've done so far :

Kansas City - Missouri

Coos Bay - Oregon

Kalispell - Montana

Some more pojects and requests in the bag too, here are some work in progress previews :

Grand Junction

Montreux and Leman lake (Switzerland)

Tadoussac, Québec - Canada

and many, many more to come, as usual !

Stay tunned,

Izi

epicblunder

Good morning Izi,   :)

The montana and switzerland maps look great!  And they also have me wondering; where did you get your DEM data for europe if you don't mind sharing?  I've been looking for something better than the SRTM data for europe.

Thanks,

Izidor44

Hi Blunder,

Unfortunatelly, it's hard to find accurate datas for Europe. Most of elevation files are in 3 arc resolution :

SRTM index :
http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/

Alps chains is available in 1 arc resolution, right here :

Digital Elvation datas :
http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem3.html

A pretty little candy here, for Finland :

https://tiedostopalvelu.maanmittauslaitos.fi/tp/kartta?lang=en

I wish I could find some better datas for Russia... ...and free of course... &mmm

Izi44

epicblunder

Thanks for those links!

I've tried viewfinderpanorama before but both tiles i tried there was errors where they had spliced together imagery.  I guess i will give it another go.  Also that finland link is interesting; there is some neat topography there.  Thanks again!

Izidor44

Hi Gentlemen,

A small update today to show what's going on.

Montreux (Switzerland) map has been uploaded on the STEX

Some more maps are done and waiting to be rendered :

Tadoussac, Québec - Canada

West part of Tenerife Island

New Orleans - Louisiana

Ten Thousand Islands - Louisiana (work in progress)

Aosta Valley - Italy

As usual, many other projects and requests in the bag, and not so many time to render all those tiles, so be patient for the releases  :-[

Cheers,

Izi

epicblunder

/contemplates the watermask for 10,000 islands, LA.

You, sir, out out of your mind.   :D

I'm looking forward to the render of the Italy map; I bet it'll look great.

Also, the changes to the elevation color scale in terraformer; is that something there is an option for (i haven't seen one) or did you have to fiddle under the hood?  I'd love to be able to split up the 'white' elevation section in terraformer myself.

Swordmaster

Quote from: epicblunder on October 22, 2012, 09:33:53 AM
Also, the changes to the elevation color scale in terraformer; is that something there is an option for (i haven't seen one) or did you have to fiddle under the hood?  I'd love to be able to split up the 'white' elevation section in terraformer myself.

You can edit basicColors.ini in the base folder of Mapper/Terraformer and enter your own colors.

Cheers
Willy

epicblunder

Aha!  Thank you, sir.   :thumbsup:
That's very helpful, now i can adjust the color so i can see where the snowline will be without having to load it up in game first.