• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: HandsOn on April 26, 2008, 05:56:13 AM
All that aside, let me recap to see if I understand this correctly: I need to remove the the one-way mod of the Euro Road Textures, and remove the installed NAM one-way reduction DAT. That will mean that the No One-Way Arrows mod I already have will come again into effect?

Yes, I think that should do the trick. The NAM reduction plugins actually use new textures for some OWR parts, if you used that before, you might have to re-draw the affected OWR's. Both the mod that completely eliminates the arrows, and the one that is included in the Euro Texture mod are merely a modification of the original Maxis OWR arrow overlay textures. Those should be replaced automatically when installing the DATs.
Andreas

HandsOn

Must be the part of my German heritage - it's a s,all part  ::) - but I agree with star-torturer: organisation of the threads, especially around NAM & SAM, could do with his improvement. One might want to add another category, though, aimed at clueless stuppies like myself: "What NOT to do with Sam, Nam & their family of nice offspring..". I've made soooo many mistakes since I started lotting and plotting (and largely rotting) that I keep posting too many - for others - questions with obvious answers - if one new what to avoid..!

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

JoeST

HandsON: I think your points about what to avoid might be answerd by the FAQ/Wiki that is hopefully going to be continued :)

thanks for the support though

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: star.torturer on April 26, 2008, 06:17:22 AM
HandsON: I think your points about what to avoid might be answerd by the FAQ/Wiki that is hopefully going to be continued :)

thanks for the support though

Joe
Ah, yes, the - still - elusive Wiki (actually, that sounds like all my ex-lady friends). But what is one to do in the meantime? Other than annoy everyone? And when & where will that wiki appear? Not that I am impatient or anything like that..? :satisfied:

JoeST

If you PM me with ALL your questions I am sure I can help you out :P and anything I cant help you with, I will ask around ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: star.torturer on April 26, 2008, 06:55:26 AM
If you PM me with ALL your questions I am sure I can help you out :P and anything I cant help you with, I will ask around ;)

Joe
Thanks, Joe, but I do not think you realize the scope of what you are offering here  ::) I am someone with tons of free time at my hands just now (between contracts) and thus am diving headlong into the icy waters of modding, plotting, lotting, and all the other Machiavellian stuff you folks do so well. But, I am not about to bite the hand that will feed my limitless curiosity; thus somewhere between now and tomorrows F1 race you'll get a loooong list of questions. Do with it as you like..  :-[

Again, thanks

Haljackey

Quote from: ebina on April 25, 2008, 04:50:48 PM
They are working in the LHD version. This time we moved all paths which will only be used in the LHD version to the LHD plugin. Paths for reversed one way road tiles are assigned similar IIDs to the other LHD paths, we moved those paths by mistake. Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd have to re-check every one way road item carefully.
I think you are talking about APTX's Shinkansen Mod.  As smoncrie said, such modds need special 3D models designed for that mod to replace existent 3D models, so they will not cover the new tiles automatically.

So does that mean that this puzzle piece can be fixed?
-I have some visuals now of a example situation.  Cars are not appearing either on the one way road or the ground highway.

However, the traffic query states usage:

About the bullet train mod, yes I believe it is APTX's Shinkansen Mod that I am using.  Here is a picture of the texture problem.

Here is another picture before the new NAM.  Although not a perfect fit, this overpass did seem to accept the texture quite well.  As for the highway texture, well, that is something I can live with. 

And, thanks a lot for the highway texture fix!   :thumbsup:  An interesting little bug showed up when I downloaded the NAM:

Rotate 180 degrees, and the textures actually flipped to the other side of the puzzle pieces.  ??? Interesting, eh?

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone!  I really appreciate it!   &apls
-I know you deal with strictly NAM stuff, and I know all of these other textures, files , etc cannot always be up to date.  Thanks for your time!

Best,
-Haljackey

zakuten

I was wondering, are we ever going to see GHW straight ramps? In some cases, I'd like to use them without having that strange stub-end sticking out the other side... Are these in the pipeline possibly?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

HandsOn

Is it just my imagination or has the new NAM changed the minimum bridge height for EL/Overhead GLR? Spanning a narrow piece of water became impossible because SC4 suddenly seems to expect some very, very tall ferries to come on the market any day now..!

I tried using the higher ramp GLR puzzle pieces instead to start a bridge over troubled waters, but that did not work either because SC4 would not let me connect between them unless both were clearly on land..

smoncrie

Haljackey,

I am sorry about the problem with the one-way over diagonal ground highway puzzle piece.  I guarantee that we will fix it.

The Onslope puzzle pieces are working as intended.   They work by changing colour to compensate the shadows that appear on Onslope pieces.  The shadows only occur if puzzle piece is placed on a slope and only at some viewing angles.  The puzzle pieces are compensating for a non-existent shadow, because you did not place them on a slope.  You don't see the compensation at all angels, because the shadows don't appear at all angles.

Try plopping both the highway OnSlop and the rail OnSlop on a slope (All Onslopes are designed for a slope that rises 15m in one game tile), and compare them at different viewing angles. The rail OnSlope does not compensate for the shadow.

Zakuten,

Someone else will have to answer your question.  I am newly back on the NAM team and I don't yet know what everyone's plans are.

HandsOn,

I am not sure I understand your question.  The GLR bridge is new with this release, and it is lower than the Elevated rail bridge.  I could look into it more if this is not the problem.

To use the elevated rail bridge, you can use a ramp to convert from GLR to elevated rail.  You then drag elevated rail over water to create the bridge.  To finish you can place a ramp on the other side.  Don't place both ramps first; bridges are very fussy about height changes.

relics8801

Hello NAM-Team's good members.
all of before, Thank you very much for up-date NAM always. ;)
and If you already know it, or somebody already reported it in thread, I'm sorry to double post. ;)

I found a problem about a SC4Path of Pedestrian Mall Tiles.

You can see that SC4Path slips off an angle of 90 degrees. ;D

I wish this is revised at the time of next update of the NAM.  ;)

Thank you.
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Chrisim

Hello Relics8801, thank you for the bug report. Attached is a fix. Just extract the contents of the zip file into the main NAM folder.
I tested this in a right hand drive version of the game. In Japan, you've got a left hand drive version of the game.
I believe that the fix will work for both, RHD and LHD, but if not, please report back

relics8801

@Chrisim

Before, I'm sorry to forgot to write my setups of the NAM in my post.
Yes, I using a plugins "Left-Hand-version" for NAM.
and
Yes, I got it ! :thumbsup:
Thanks for reply and a fix for then qucikly. ;)

By the way,,,
Will you(NAM team) update again NAM with this bug-fix on LEX soon ??
If it possible, May I link to your post that attached a "Fix" in our(japanese) site while update again NAM on LEX ??

Thanks again for your helps and fix. ;)
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

Andreas

I guess we could update the current file with the bugfix, but it's possible that there are some other bugs that will be discovered over the next few days, so we'll wait a bit. Anyway, thanks for your hint! :)
Andreas

wir3d

Ok this is pretty awsome but something is wrong with mine.

The double height EL train and monorail do not work for me.  And the High speed rail network or whatever it is called does not work.  Help! 

Tarkus

Quote from: wir3d on April 28, 2008, 03:41:38 PM
Ok this is pretty awsome but something is wrong with mine.

The double height EL train and monorail do not work for me.  And the High speed rail network or whatever it is called does not work.  Help! 

It sounds to me like you have some outdated, conflicting transit mods sitting in your Plugins (old versions of the NAM, etc.)--everything will work fine once those have been removed. ;)  Try removing the NAM, running the Cleanitol definitions and reinstalling.

-Alex (Tarkus)

dragonshardz

Also, as far as I know no one outside the NAM Team besides me has the current HSRP files. Unless i am wrong, which is a very real possibility.

EDIT: Yup. I was wrong. Looks like my Alpha-test version of the HSRP needs to get updated!

Andreas

Quote from: dragonshardz on April 28, 2008, 03:51:46 PM
Also, as far as I know no one outside the NAM Team besides me has the current HSRP files. Unless i am wrong, which is a very real possibility.

EDIT: Yup. I was wrong. Looks like my Alpha-test version of the HSRP needs to get updated!

Yeah, they were released earlier today, and your test version might be outdated, since we incorporated some last-minute fixes over the weekend. :)
Andreas

c0rnh0li0

Could someone help me w/this problem?

I'm having trouble w/commuters "disappearing" once they reach the border. It's one corner in one city. I have commuters coming & going @ other connections in my region, but the southwest corner of this particular city (Larkins) seems to be "dead". Traffic leaves town, but none enter. If you go to the connecting cities though, I'm supposed to have close to 2500 travelers in that corner (1900 from the south (Blue Haven), 500+ from the west (Aaronburg)).

jplumbley

Quote from: c0rnh0li0 on April 28, 2008, 10:37:01 PM
Could someone help me w/this problem?

I'm having trouble w/commuters "disappearing" once they reach the border. It's one corner in one city. I have commuters coming & going @ other connections in my region, but the southwest corner of this particular city (Larkins) seems to be "dead". Traffic leaves town, but none enter. If you go to the connecting cities though, I'm supposed to have close to 2500 travelers in that corner (1900 from the south (Blue Haven), 500+ from the west (Aaronburg)).

This is a problem that has been known for quite some time.  I think Ripplejet would probably knows the most about it.  But the game just simply doesnt count and keep track of the cars going through Neighbor Connections very well...  It actually isnt a problem limited to Neighbor Connections but also can be seen in Transit Enabled Lots as well.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM