• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

this is my computer specs

Started by smc1185, August 12, 2012, 05:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smc1185

When I got my simcity 4 deluxe edition I installed it and it kicked me off about an hour of play need help to fix this so I can play longer I am new to computers so please go in to details

Dell laptop Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

System: Dell
Model: M5110
Rating: 4.5
Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.9 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
any info would be greatly appreciated so I can play for hours without being kicked off now I don't have internet on my laptop I am using my cell phone to write this

jmyers2043

Quote from: smc1185 on August 12, 2012, 05:51:21 AM
I don't have internet on my laptop

Am I correct to assume you do not have any custom content such as NAM, CAM, Seaports, terrain, or tree mods? Because you don't have an internet connection?

If so, you will probably have to find a thread about Windows 7 and compatibility settings with SimCity somewhere. I have windows XP on a 10 year old computer so I'll not be any help to you.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

smc1185

Yes I have no mods I do want to add some but not at this point

jmyers2043

Quote from: smc1185 on August 12, 2012, 06:00:07 AM
Yes I have no mods I do want to add some but not at this point

I see, I was curious if there was a mod causing the crash. But that is not the case it appears. Time for you to do a word search of the forums for 'windows7' ... find a thread where windows 7 compatibility is discussed and make your request for help.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

auieox

my Notebook's specs is

HP Probook 5220m  m350 Intel Core i3 2.27 GHZ
Installed memory is 2 GB
32 Bit operating system
windows 7 home pro

no problems at all after installing mods and starting the game

i only remove the Shadows

I Still figuring out where does people get airport terminal Buildings    send me a link of the
Building addon to nicoazhfar@gmail.com

SC4BOY

I also use Win 7 and have no problem.. I installed "out of the box", applied the patches (I bet you haven't done that?), put in the BAT, etc and ran with no mods without issue (later I did add the upgrades, NAM, some mods, etc). I also am using SC4 Deluxe. I expect your not having any of the patches may be at least some part of the problem.

auieox

maybe you should use Compability modes      or maybe install the latest patches

i have some crash in games to like The Sims 3    i set the compability mode to Windows 98

but the first step to do is install patches and then try the game     if it still crashing
try the Compability mode by right clicking on the SC4.exe or Deluxe  click Compability and then try Windows XP SP2(the best way)

hope it works! ;D
I Still figuring out where does people get airport terminal Buildings    send me a link of the
Building addon to nicoazhfar@gmail.com