• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Lex ... coming soon

Started by Colyn, January 04, 2007, 12:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

$%Grinno$%

same as my son when he is happy  :D :D :D

( I mean "A senior dancing like...." ;) )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

moganite

This looks really interesting :)

I eagerly am waiting to try it out

I might just see if I can rework my bomb parkto look more aesthetically pleasing. The original used just maxis props and most of the work was in the technical area.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

bat

Masochist

:o Wow...how did I miss all of this news  #?¿?¿?$ ????

It looks fantastic!  I can't begin to imagine how much work it must take to come up with something like that.  I think TheTeaCat already said it, but thanks can't be said enough!  But here it is once more, anyways:  Thank you so much for giving us this amazing product!
(Under Construction)

jacqulina

thankyou its amazing excellent idea with the logging in

vab423

Colyn, et al:   &apls Fabulous work on the BSC Lex.  This is going to be invaluable for many people and I can't even begin to imagine all the hard work you have put into this.  Just two teensy tiny things.  Privilege is spelled incorrectly and the comma between the page numbers needs to be moved one space closer to the 1 (told you they were miniscule -- I'm anal about that kind of stuff, what can I say?).

And I'm not sure if it's do-able or even worthy of consideration but it would be nifty if the shaded areas around the lot names were color coded (yellow for industrial lots, green for residential, etc.).  Kinda like the way wouanagaine formatted the output report for the SC4LIG, which makes it easy to discern what's what without opening up individual lot descriptions. 

Anyway, great work and thanks again for the opportunity to test it.

edit:  One more thing I'd like to see and I'm not sure if it's a function of the LEX but when a creator updates a lot, as a user I'd like to know if it's a critical update (must doze existing lots before installing new version) or a minor update (just replace the files in plugins folder). Sometimes I see that a lot's been updated, but there's no explanation behind the update.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

sebes

Colyn and everybody working on the LEX:  you did a great job. This is the best what could happen to the SC4-devoted community !  &dance

I personally like to see the upload date mentioned in the front page. In addition, in case "older" files are uploaded to the LEX, it would be nice if the original date of release was mentioned (in the description?) as well.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Colyn

Ok ...

@ VAB ... I have noted your remarks and will see what can be done ... I will fix the spelling.

@ sebes ... I will modify the Lot Matrix to include a bit more info ... pure oversight on my part in my quest to get the backbone up and running.

Tp all ... the LEX backend is my problem ... how UPLOADERS display information is their choice and it will be you as users that can talk to them about that.  "$Deal"$

Thanks for the comments. Talking of comments ... I really need the BETA visitors to use the comments a lot and the Valuation etc. and do a few downloads just for the hell of it.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

BarbyW

Had a problem seeing the File Downloads button for some reason. I had to log out and in again to get it back. Will that link to the new LEX?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jplumbley

Hello,

I have done my first quick test with the LEX.

Very well done IMO.  I uploaded a file and also downloaded 3 leaving, 3 comments and 3 Thank you very much.

The downloading went smoothly for me.  No problems what so ever.  The commenting was nice and easy too.

The upload process was nice.  I liked the fact that there was only one screen to upload compared to the 3 or 4 steps at ST.  The only comment/request I have about uploading would be to allow for the use of the Enter key, and allow for links and other editting properties like colors and bolding.

I am very happy with the LEX, good job!!

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

bat

Where is the link to the LEX #?¿?¿?$

Colyn

@ JPlumbley

Go look ... I took the liberty to clean your Description up ... Click the edit button and then copy the description content out to Notepad to see what I did. That Description box will accept HTML Source.

@ bat ... we are testing and the link is still not public ... Jeronij is inviting the people that will contribute to get their input. It will not be long ... we are loading stock in ... No use in opening the store with a parade and there isn't much to get  $%Grinno$%
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Quote from: bat on January 13, 2007, 10:42:12 AM
Where is the link to the LEX #?¿?¿?$

Hi bat, it has not been published yet to the public. We are giving it the final touches so you can fully enjoy it  ;D  Thks Colyn  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Hey thanks Colyn!!

Now, I guess I have to learn HTML all over again.  Its been since grade 9 since I learned HTML (10 years ago).
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

moganite

Checked that you need to registered and then logged in with the exchange before you used it

Checked that all pages work.

Checking the frame on the left but I cant seem to get the menus to work links dont appear to be present. leaving the exchange and re entering did not fix this. looks like work is still being done on that area.

Downloaded the BRT coalmine
and rural walls left comment Both tests sucessful

Overall looks excellent and works smoothly. &apls

will the dependency tracking be ennable once we have dependencies online?
you might want to think about adding categories for the types of lots/mods/BATs and maps at some point but that can be done later once there is a bit of content. Infact I would be supprised if it wasnt already thought of.

looks like i will need to learn html but that should not be a problem as I am learning to edit it when doing my readmes. While those arent up to the level of BSC yet they do have the list of items if required just not linked.

preparing an item for upload at a later date merging all of my 2006 props into one pack it will be small; better than 2 smaller files. I have a policy of releasing an anual prop pack at the end of the year that includes all props released in that year, mostly as I identify them by month /year uploaded.  There is not 1 every month nor is there ever likely to be.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

Colyn

At this point the USER menu links are still dead and there is another menu that opens once you have UPLOADER status.

The Catagory and UPLOADER info on the main screen has been disabled because Barby and Jeronij are uploading other peoples files initially ... once they have done that we will reset the actual UPLOADER data in the tables and surface the information.

Dependency tracking is a application on it's own and will be plugged in once we have decided on the output format ... all dependency linking can be retro-fitted to existing objects in the exchange.

Thanks for testing and reporting.

Come see CSX Play

sebes

Just wanted to share with you that downloading is very easy and simple (and that means something if said by me :thumbsup:)

Commenting is easy too, and I also figured out (after some attempts) how to do the value thing.. (that "click to submit" button was not flashy enough for me probably  :D)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Bluebeard

&apls
        It's the best thing since slice bread.

vab423

I think all the links to prop packs from Pegasus' Plex are incorrect; they're still pointing to the old host.  Diggis and I are nearly completion of the definitive props pack list (current as of a couple days ago) and we'll get you a copy when it's completed (any particular format you'd prefer?).  Actually, the links to the MTP are switched in your list - the one under Plex is pointing to ST.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

moganite

Colyn
No problem I would expect a similar style of report on what I release.
I want to know the problems not how someone feels about it.
Just my engineering training coming through.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine