• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Game won't start after Install and Patch

Started by Shakespeare, August 13, 2013, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakespeare

Hello out there,

after a long time I decided to install SC4 Deluxe (orig. Version) on my machine (Win 7 Prof., 64bit, 4GB RAM, 2x Intel E5800 CPU 3,2GHz Dual-Core, Intel G41 Express Chipset Graphics)....
As I know about the performace problems concerning starting SC4 I set the CPU to single core and started to start the SC4.exe with admin- rights in Windows XP SP3 Mode.
Unfortunately it keeps crashing to Desktop after showing the EA Games Logo for a short moment. I cannot even start the game itself and set other settings (like 32/16 bit colour, Graphics etc.).
I tried to start the game without any plugins but the same problem occurs....
It runs fine on my Latop (Win7 Home Edition) with 4GB RAM but I cannot manage to fire it up under Win7 prof.

Anyone out there who has any idea ??? I have some days off so I was really looking forward to relax while playing SC4 and get back to work after having made a good job as a mayor.....

I would really appreciate if there is anybody out there who could give me any hint/ advice....

Thanks in advance for your support and all the best

Shakespeare

catty

Did you have a read of this topic "Programs Incompatible with SimCity"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15797.0

And I'm running SC4 Deluxe on a Windows 7 64-bit computer with 8gb of memory, I don't need to set it to single core as the All-in-One PC has only one core.

Hope you get an answer

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Shakespeare

Hello Catty,

thanks for the link which I read carefully....although I checked the "Search Engine" in this forum I did not hit this topic....
I use MS Security Essentials and Windows Defender with the Windows Built-In Firewall and I also thought about having trouble with these programs (i.e. that SC4 is shut down by these programs". Therefore I uninstalled MS Security Essentials but I did not help me in any way: The game still crashes....

So I uninstalled SC4 and now my machine does not even take the original CDs (I already checked the driver for my CD-ROM which seems to be up-to-date as far as the manufacturer's side is concerned). So I made a copy of my CDs (on another machine) and I managed to re- install it... :-[

Nevertheless the problem is still there... ()what()

Thank you very much for your link and your reply and have a nice and sunny week  :thumbsup:

Shakespeare

Doozerbug

Well

A: check to see if you installed the proper patch for your version of the game (North American, European and/or the proper patch version ) Installing the incorrect patch cause a lot of problems

B: check your sound settings, I had a problem once before where the game would crash at the same point you are crashing at and it was because that the first sound the game make is on that screen.