• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Poland '13

Started by kbieniu7, November 02, 2013, 09:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hi all!

Probably some of you know me for showing my Mayor Diary, but for many weeks I wasn't visiting this site. Why? Well... I managed that real life is way more interesting than the game ;)

I didn't prepare any update, so I have nothing interesting to show you from simcity.

In this case I want to share with you some of my photos, which I have collected in a small summary of my vacations. A form of my excuse... ;)

A bit of statistics

10 cities in 7 voivodeship visited.
3 national parks explored.
24 postcards sent.
Polish-slovakian border crossed 6 times.

~3000km traveled, where:
--1360km by bus
--850km by car
--790km by train
About 48 hrs spent inside means of transport.

1.Such a calm life at the centre of Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II.

2.A brand new railway station in Katowice. I had about 30 minutes between getting of the bus from Kraków and catchig the train to Częstochowa.

3.Częstochowa. Saint Mary's alley just after the renovation. In the background Jasna Góra Monastery.

4.Direct attack of pilgrims.

5.Olsztyn welcomes guests with fancy tones from the pedestrians signal boxes. In the photo: the city hall.

6.The market square.

7.Some polish fields.

8.Warsaw quickly.

11.Lublin by night.

12.Galician* climate in the streets of Nowy Sącz. Bunch of flowers hanging on lampposts (like these ones in the photo) are quite common in many other polish cities.

*No, I'm not talking about my MD, which I gave the same name, but about the real one :P Today that historical region lies in south-eastern Poland and western Ukraine.

13.More calmly - Stary Sącz.

14.Timeless guards - Niedzica, southern Poland.

15.A dam could be quite good artistic medium.

16.Picturesquely - Trzy Korony peak in Pieniny mountains.

17.Dunajec river in Pieniny National Park marks out the border between Poland and Slovakia.

18.Dunajec, villages of Sromowce Niżne (PL), Červený Kláštor (SK) and Tatras visible from Trzy Korony peak.

19.Bee...

20.Somehwere near town of Szczawnica. Trzy Korony peak visible in the background.

21.Village of Kasinka Mała. Photo taken from Szczebel peak- Southern Poland.
After all we were climbing through the forest, without any signs, because the beginning of the trail "was too far" -as our friend told us.

22.Wrocław full of colours...

23. ...or more soft in tone.

24.Almost like the mountains!

25.Ojców castle in Ojców National Park, just few kilometers from Kraków.

26.Prądnik valley during the fall.

27.Let's get higher - Tatras.

28.Vitajte na Slovensku!

29.Giewont (1894m over sea level) visible from Małołączniak (2096m over sea level).

30. Up in the sky.

31. ;)

I hope that, you also had a chance to travel around your own countries during this year and to see some beautiful and interesting places. It's the best way to spend free time, learn something new about your land and maybe find some inspiration for simcity ;)

Especially, that thanks to EU, Schengen etc. I am fully able to do this:

My left leg is in Poland, while the right one in Slovakia  ;D

Thanks for reading! Keep warm!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

catty

Those are some great photos ... thanks for sharing them I especially liked the picture of the dam   :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

droric

Wow that looks like that would have been incredible!  I am half polish but have never been to Poland.  Great shots

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Gugu3

Kergelen

What an interesting travel. Both the natural and urban pictures are nice . The towns are very similar to Lithuania and Latvia, and Tatras mountains are really nice (quite similar to Pyrenean mountains).

Links to SC4 websites