• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japan Recreation(日本作成日時) - Teaser(ティーザー)

Started by ユミーちゃん, June 23, 2014, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Very nice work so far  :thumbsup:. I really like your work and you have made quite an impression ;D

The Memorial that you are trying to model may not have all the necessary LODs to show up in game. There should LOD3, LOD4, and LOD5. I am only guessing here but you may have to select the Re-fit LOD's Button to get LOD3, LOD4 and LOD5.

I have attached an image of the parameters menu to help you.

Hope this helps.

-eggman121

vester

At times it help to open a new scene and merge (found in the file menu) into the old scene.

That was a nice update you post July 27th.

ユミーちゃん

An update! Thanks for your comments! Now I will just reply to them:

eggman121: Thanks a LOT for this comment! &apls Hopefully, following your comment, I will be able to succesfully make it show up correctly in the game.

vester: Thanks for your comment as well! I will do this too.

In this update, Hiroshima experienced a huge residential and commercial boom. You will see below.

This is one of the areas that experienced a HUGE residential boom. The population went from 19,000, to 34,000 people in a year! And what this meant was more services and more expenses for the growing population.

This is another place of the population boom. New hi-rise danchi and apartments are showing. Hiroshima stadium is also here. (I know that doesn't look anything like Hiroshima Stadium. And there were no mods for it either, so that means that I'll have to BAT. Hopefully I will fix it. I want to have some of my own BATS in my city.)

The suburbs have grown as well.

This is once again, a suburban part of Hiroshima. There is a canal and a school here. There is also a supermarket and a hospital.

This right here is probably the most unfitting place for a radio/cellphone tower.

Remember this place? A new Police Station was built here to accomadate all the crime. (Did I use the word "accomadate" right?)

I just put this here: The Hiroshima Shinkansen! No trains running on it though, due to there being only one station.

This is what you've been waiting for: The Region View! (Sorry for asking, but if you want to put up the whole region in a single picture, how do you do it?)

This is Hiroshima's transportation system. It works pretty well. The average road capacity is 10%.

Whew! That was a large update! Anyway, since this is done, I'm going to go and try to fix my BAT problem. Hope you enjoyed! Comment, like, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!

I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

compdude787

Nice update! To take a picture of your entire region, download this program called Region Census.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

romualdillo

You've done a great job in a short time!! Bravo!!  &apls

art128

Awesome work, the new version Hiroshima is looking great. :) Love that dense urban area.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jmsepe

Amazing work. I am mesmerized by the accuracy of your recreation. Keep up the good work.
Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

NielsC007

ユミーちゃん

Another update! Thanks for your comments guys! Thanks to compdude for Region Census.

Remember how I said in the last update that there was residential AND commercial expansion? This update will be showing some of the commercial expansion.

This is one of the places of the commercial expansion. Many offices and shops have appeared. Even with all the commercial there is here, this is NOT downtown. Downtown will be south of here, taking up 70% of a large city tile (A large city tile is 16km, medium city 4km, and a small city 1km.)

This right here is the center of the commercial patch. A foreign hotel company has arrived here called Sokos Hotel Viru (To the left, the white-ish blue-ish building)

Another commercial patch. Honestly I don't like how this one commercial patch turned out. I think it is a bit too square. I would like to see some suggestions on how to improve this commercial patch.

But also with the commercial expansion comes the residential expansion. These are the houses and apartments which surround the first commercial patch.

Hope you enjoyed! Comment, like, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!

I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

jmsepe

Nice update. Your residential areas are really well made.

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

ユミーちゃん

Another update! Thanks for your comment. More commercial and a little bit of industrial and more residential.

This right here is the dense commercial, the densest in the whole city.

With the commercial boom came industrial. But however, there is less of it.

There are now so many jobs that only 60% of all the workplaces are filled. So I put a TON of residential to fix that problem. And there are still a lot of jobs availible (Did I spell that correct?)

Here, the Shinkansen runs through one of the new neighborhoods. Hiroshima is the only city in the whole region, so right now it is only used to get around the city.

This was a short update. I am still working on my BAT. Hope you enjoyed! Comment, like, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!

jmsepe

Great blend of the highway and the commercial district.

vester

cmdp123789

I love the pictures  &apls and since you want some negative criticism.. remember to press G when you take a picture with grass in order to get the black squares invisible in the game =)

Jmouse

For someone who just started over on a new region, you're a fast worker. I like your approach to city building, but you might like to try for a less-griddy look. The diagonal rails do help add interest, though. Of course, I've never seen Hiroshima, so that may be the way it's built. Why not show us some RL photos of it? I might be able to help you out with BATting if you'll give me some photos of what you want and tell me what size you want them. Just send me a PM.

trabman11

Quote from: ユミーちゃん on July 30, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

Messa have-a question :) What avenue mod are you using for the diagonal texture there (for the trees I mean). I looks great!

Also- Your residential and commercial districts look fantastic! I like how there is just a touch of industry (or possible those are utilities?) in the center of your city. It breaks up the sea of skyscrapers quite nicely.

And as for the criticism -  I would personally recommend that you try to put in some of those smooth curve pieces for the bullet train lines (just a minor cosmetic thing though - your cities will still look good without them ;) ).
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

ユミーちゃん

This is not an update. This is about your opinion on my city design. Let me reply first:

cmdp123789: Thanks, I will.

Jmouse: You think so? Usually, I leave a few hours for SimCity 4 (When I have time), but I guess you could say I'm a fast worker. In one of my parts of Hiroshima I used curve pieces and diagonals (new area). Se parts of Hiroshima are kind of griddy, put other parts, not so much. Thanks for asking to help out with my BATs. I really appreciate it.

trabman11: It is Nekopanchi-san's street mod (猫パンチのストリートモッズ). You can find it here: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=856&sid=0f7563cd6885a3ccc7e19389e4824899
I will try to use more curved lines, you're right about that.

This right here is a rural town in my Testing region. The point of this region is to either test out new mods or test out and see city designs before putting it into the final product. Do you think this is a good design for when I get into my rural town? Please tell your opinion. Like it, hate it, tell me.

trabman11

I think that you should have the agricultural sections of the town more on the outskirts (or at least further away from the denser parts) of the city. Also, I thinks you should try zone a bit more low density, as it is a rural town. Other than that this looks pretty good.   :thumbsup:
RISE UP AND FIGHT WITH SUPER BUNNY AND BOB!!!
  (\_/)           ☻/       /  \       
\(='.'=)/        /▌        |☢|       
(")_(")         / \       //||\\
*whispers* ...For what I don't know...I think they are anti-Google+ anarchists  ???

art128

Quote from: trabman11 on August 10, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
I think that you should have the agricultural sections of the town more on the outskirts (or at least further away from the denser parts) of the city. Also, I thinks you should try zone a bit more low density, as it is a rural town. Other than that this looks pretty good.   :thumbsup:

Go take a look at Japan's rural side, you'll see it isn't strange to have buildings right next to rice fields. ;)

I would advise you to grow some farms from the game. Uki made some really nice japanese farms that would look good in your creations too. I use them very often recently and they fit quite nicely in rural to urban zones. :)

You're the one from Japan, you should know better than us how to do it! ;D (just kidding ;) )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sim_link

Beautiful cities, the way everything fits together is mesmerizing. Love the forests too, nice and lush (and seasonal, woo!)  :)