• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Notable and unique architecture

Started by noahclem, February 08, 2015, 03:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

I stumbled across a couple really unique pieces of architecture today as I was browsing Wikipedia and thought it'd be fun to share. So, here's a thread for anyone who'd like to share buildings they notable and unique, preferably unfamiliar.

Cairo's Ramses train station:

The (new) Library of Alexandria:

Of course if anyone were to have an interest in batting these I'd not be averse  :squirrel:

romualdillo

I didn't know that station, althought I'm very interested in Cairo's and Alexandria's architecture lately. It's a mixture of moorish, ancient egyptian and art-decò elements. :D But I think the exterior is not very interesting to model. If I had to choose a moorish style station to model I would prefer this:

Estación Central de Toledo

It's much smaller, but I like it...  ::)

noahclem

Yeah, the inside of the station's a lot nicer than the outside ;)  That station from Toledo is beautiful  :o  Would make a brilliant bat indeed.

Another bit of beautiful (inside) Egyptian design:

I'm really feeling like I need a visit to Spain and/or Egypt now  ;D

Krasner

I'd like to show here a few brutalist buildings that I love, but the problem is that I can't find any copyright-free photos of them, even on Wikimedia Commons  &mmm Is it okay if I post here some images that I do not own ?
ANARCHIST !!