• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Effect List?

Started by fantozzi, April 29, 2019, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Did someone ever think about to create a list with animated gifs of the available effects (animations)?

I find it hard to remember how which fountain effect or which smoke effect looks like. So I spend much time trying to find out by trial and error placing, loading, observing.

eggman121

Hello Fantozzi

If you are wondering about the functionality of some of the items in use the Wiki usually has some pretty good info.

Exemplar Properties explain in technical terms how SC4 handles some of the intricate properties of the program.

Referring to Animations ATC files and AVP files may spark an interest into animations. There is a SC4 BAT addon called SC4 Bitmap Animation Builder that can do some of the hard work but I would look at what you are wanting to animate in SC4. There are many ways things can be done.

-eggman121

mattb325

There's no list that I'm aware of apart from the link that eggman has posted.

However, using the PIM-X, you can load the SIM city core files and click on the 'animations' option.

There are actually a number of unused animations loaded into the game: I listed some of them here: https://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17804.0, but haven't really taken it any further.....

fantozzi

Thank you. Never paid attention to this Pim-X feature. Indeed I didn't realize how many animations for Sims there are. Unfortunately to me Pim-X only shows the animations but not the effects.