• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is there a way to only block PMs from just one user?

Started by mattb325, May 07, 2019, 02:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Just a really quick question.

On simtrop, I can block receiving PMs down to a user level while still being able to see that user's posts on the forums.

Here, in my profile actions, I can see only two options which both appear to be a bit of a blunt instrument....
1) I can either add a user to my 'ignore list', which means that I can't see their posts without manually unhiding each of them, and it makes the forums a bit disjointed, and I actually don't want to ignore their posts, or
2) I have the option to only receive PMs from  my buddies list (currently empty, I'm friendless, lol  :P) and administrators only which would mean PMs from people I have never interacted with wouldn't get through unless they are on my buddy list.

Is there anything in between?

No matter if it can't be done, I'm just curious.

Kitsune

My guess (as someone who was an admin on a smf forum ages ago) is to create a rule that auto deletes there messages.
~ NAM Team Member

eggman121

Hi Matt.

I am just looking at what you can do and it seems you can set Rules for certain users.

I think you can set the label to flag a certain Message and auto delete it as shown in the Picture attached.

Fully understand where you are coming from. I hate being pested for content myself. Hopefully this helps.

-eggman121

mattb325

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

That looks like the deal (it's not about being pestered for content, more a jeckyll and hyde type thing, lol)

Whereabouts is that setting for rules, I've not seen it anywhere on my profile?

Edit - I found it - it's under mail (sorry for being daft!) The joy is, if it works, I'll actually never know it works....bravo!!!!

Kitsune

Yeah ... I have rules on my .com to auto delete emails from certain ip's .. i know the feeling Matt  :D
~ NAM Team Member

mattb325

Too true! I only wish I had asked about it a couple of years ago  :D :thumbsup: