• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Startup Manager on Win10

Started by xxdita, February 16, 2020, 03:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

Has anyone had success using StartUp Manager on Windows 10? The program loads, I can create new regions, alter tile sizes of new and existing regions, create Plugins profiles no problem at all.

But of course, none of that does any good if SUM can't load the game. It stalls on me here:

I'm running in Compatibility mode for XP SP3, and as Admin. SC4 is GOG digital version, if that matters.

CaptCity

This looks like the same issue I had with installing SUM 3 on Windows 10. If I remember correctly, there was a procedure discussed on the Configuration page in the Readme. It was necessary to edit the .dll file order in the .ini configuration file (or something like that). Once I did that, the program worked. Hope this helps...

xxdita

Could you post what your ini file says?

CaptCity

Quote from: xxdita on February 17, 2020, 06:39:54 PM
Could you post what your ini file says?

This is what is listed in mine:

I remember being confused because the Configuration page made it sound like more should be there. But I just went with it and reordered the two names listed for FileControlMethod. Originally, the sumnjserver file was listed before the sumfmserver file. Those are the two I switched.

I was curious and wanted to confirm my memory, so I re-installed SUM 3 earlier today and it went as before. At first the program froze, but reordering those names fixed it.

xxdita