• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Lex ... Support Questions V01

Started by Colyn, January 14, 2007, 09:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

I've tried that new p/w but it didnt work. I also wanted to PM you and I wasnt able to. Cause it told me that
your inbox was full.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation)

Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

BarbyW

Are you sure you are using the correct username to log in? Your username at LEX is Starmanw422007. Please try again with the password I sent you.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Starmanw402007

Has the commerical for Honda would say (DUH!); Thanxs for assisting. Sometimes I can do foolish things like that :D.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

BarbyW

I shall refrain from further comment $%Grinno$%

Shadow Assassin

Just curious about something: are the LEX downloads speed-limited? I'm trying to track down an internet connection problem, and this might hopefully sort out a few things.

I currently get a download speed of about 32kb/sec, whereas only a few days ago, I got download speeds of around 155kb/sec. Does the LEX get speed-limited to conserve bandwidth when it approaches its bandwidth limit?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

BarbyW

As far as I know there is no speed limitation to conserve bandwidth. I have just downloaded at well over 100kps. You may have been unfortunate enough to be trying to download when work was being done on the LEX or it is your connection.

Shadow Assassin

It's definitely my connection. But what's odd is that when I download from an Australian server, it gives me my normal connection speed, but when downloading from an international server (eg. SC4D's LEX server), I only get around 30 or so kbps.

Could be the ISP cartel here having a secret deal with the bandwidth providers. :P
New Horizons Productions

M4346

Okay, I just have to interject here and say that you are being INCREDIBLY ungrateful!  $%Grinno$% lol

I'm LUCKY if I get a constant 30kbps! On average I get between 3 - 35kbps. I have never had more than that in my entire life! :P

Bloody Africa... ;)
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

Looking around a little bit, it seems it's a problem AT my ISP. But c'mon, I'm allowed at least a little ungratefulness - paying $70 a month for a 12GB quota (I go through about 4 or 5GB a month, tho) - it's all they're offering. :P

And I expect to get 1.5Mbits. That's what I'm paying through the nose for, and I expect it. :P Pages loading is as normal, it's downloading that's b0rked.
New Horizons Productions

M4346

I have to hate you right now... lol. Excuse me while I go and do that. :P
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

Hey, I'd get 24Mbits, but my area doesn't get it.  ::)

EDIT: 23:00 - Fixed the problem. I'm downloading normally at 155kb/sec. Yay!
New Horizons Productions

Chrisim

Hi, I would like to express that I really appreciate all your efforts setting up SD4 and keeping it running.
I've got a few questions / suggestions concerning the SCD BSC LEX:
How can I change my password?
I cannot find a logout button, for safety reasons I always prefer to logout from restricted sites. Do I oversee the logout button or is there none?
It would be helpful for downloaders if the upload date would be included inside the boxes containing the summary information of an upload.

BarbyW

There isn't a Log out button but you can change your password in your Profile which is accessed from a button in the left sidebar. Passwords are encrypted so you are safe as I can't even see them.  As for the upload date, that information is in the pop up for each upload as well as any update date.

Drevar

having a problem getting into the LEX.  I was able to use it last night, but now clicking the various links from the main page takes me to the Register page.  The account is registered, as attempting to re-register returns the TM error page saying the account name already exists.  I had IE remember the password for me when I registered.  Could that be the problem?

edit: Oddly I can get in if I go thorugh a direct link to a file.  Trying to go in the "front door" results in asking me to register.

Drev

BarbyW

I checked your account and it should be K to use. The only thing I can suggest if the problem continues is to reset your password and send it via PM to you.

Drevar

All sorted out.  Cleared my password list and was able to go in normally.

Thanks.

Zelgadis

Dear sirs and madams,

Oh, so formal for me...

I think many of you know who I am.  I've been awfully busy and haven't had much time to spend around here, sadly...  But that will change.

Anyway, I've registered on the BSC file exchange.  That was several months ago.  I never received a confirmation e-mail for that.  If there's anyone who can rectify that problem, I would be most appreciative.  :)

Thanks for any and all forthcoming help.  :)

ISF

Pat

Hey Zelgadis welcome aboard here wow im shocked to see ya's and im glad you are alive and kicking but to get help for the lex check here [linkie] and that is where Barby or Colyn will help you out and get you reset - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Welcome aboard Ian! Good to see you here! :)

Unfortunately you will have to wait till the morning in Europe for either of the LEX admins, BarbyW or Callagrafx, to wake up...
Until then, enjoy your stay and what SC4Devotion has to offer! ::)

Zelgadis

Dear sirs and madams,

Seems I posted this in the wrong place.  Your helpful members have redirected me.   &ops

I think many of you know who I am.  I've been awfully busy and haven't had much time to spend around here, sadly...  But that will change.

Anyway, I've registered on the BSC file exchange.  That was several months ago.  I never received a confirmation e-mail for that.  If there's anyone who can rectify that problem, I would be most appreciative.  Smiley

Thanks for any and all forthcoming help.  Smiley