• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Best PhotoShopping

Started by dedgren, October 18, 2007, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

No problem with the links :thumbsup:!

Coloring?  What do you mean...to bring colors out or to actually colorize photos to give a certain mood?

If you mean bringing colors out...well, there are couple of things you could do, like adjusting the brightness/contrast of the picture or fiddling with the color curves as outlined in that tutorial...(I personally contrast the colors in every single SC4 photo I present ;)).

If you mean actually colorizing a photo...I wouldn't be the best person to ask for that.  I'd ask maybe cockatoo, he seems to really know how to create a perfect filter for an SC4 picture...
(Under Construction)

Pat

Oii I feel Like a tard Isaac after noticing the post for the Tilt shift for gimp lol..... I had to reread the post  $%Grinno$%

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

capo

I meant bringing out the colours more sorry. The colours from the game always look a bit 'flat' if you know what I mean and I've seen pictures in the picture competition that look so sharp and alive. I will try the advice you gave and have a closer look at the tutorial (it was well after midnight for me when I posted my previous msg so I didnĀ“t check the links yet)

Thx!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

TopCliff

All this PSing has driven me to start doing actual, not cruddy work. My first experiments have been mostly with masking, filters, and color altering along with getting to know the clone tool. Now, I'm working on lighting and creating custom shadows. Once again, I'd like to be (constructively) criticized. Oh, and I decided to use Big Ben again. I'm not quite sure what draws me to it . . . :P

A full moon over the Thames Coral Reef, May 23, 3008. Grim future, innit?
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

dragonshardz

*steals awesome pictures to use as desktops*

Masochist

Quote from: TopCliff on February 14, 2008, 05:19:19 PM
A full moon over the Thames Coral Reef, May 23, 3008. Grim future, innit?

DAMN THEM!  DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!

:P

Actually, I'm no expert, but that looks pretty good to me, definitely!  Nice work :thumbsup:!
(Under Construction)

TopCliff

Thank you. My latest work is a lot harder than it looks. Took a lot of trial and error with the magnetic lasso tool.

I'd like to see someone make wine out of that. :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Cockatoo-210893

Haha, nice work TopCliff! Here's something I made totally from scratch last year (white background), I'm kinda proud of it... just some random logo thing.
BTW, if you cant see it, it's because it's in .PNG format, I would never dare convert this into a .jpg

Click here if you can't see it...

dragonshardz

hey cockatoo you mind if I use that pic in my sig? I've been looking for a new one...

Cockatoo-210893

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 16, 2008, 09:44:11 PM
hey cockatoo you mind if I use that pic in my sig? I've been looking for a new one...
Um, yea, you can if you want. It's a little bit random though don't you think? I mean it doesn't mean anything.
But if you really want it, then go ahead.

dragonshardz

thanks. I don't have anything better to use, cause that's the best I've found so far.

iamgoingtoeatyou

Well, I spent a few hours photoshopping these avenues $%Grinno$%

I had to photoshop all the zebra crossings so they become bigger, all the different sections of the 5 lanes and then put each car one by one. There's a few mistakes but I think it came out pretty good for a first try :)

Pat

stunning stuff here cockatoo, hotdogs, and Leo!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CasperVg

I can imagine that, iamgoingatyou. Very nice!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Krio

I've been building a portfolio to show my skills as master of photoshop:

Poster of good ol' me!

pilotdaryl

iamgoingtoeatyou: What are those--backwards traffic lights?  With all the work you did (that looks pretty awesome btw $%Grinno$%) you couldn't have made any mistakes.  IT'S GREAT!!!  I'm kind of a heavy SC4-photoshopper as well; can you teach me that? :P

iamgoingtoeatyou

I'll see if I can get around to making a tutorial on how to make that, it's just very time consuming though. In a nutshell, I put regular Avenues on the spot where the one way lanes would go. I downloaded the mod that gets rid of the median junk so it would be easier to photoshop. I take the entire mosaic as normal, and then in a seperate document I would have a picture of 3 one way roads side by side, and I would copy and paste the one way lanes into the regular avenues making a series of lanes. Then I would do a similar process with the zebra crossings. It's kind of hard to explain. The backwards traffic lights are the biggest mistake that I forgot to fix :P Oh well, you're the only one who's pointed that out since I posted it a few months ago :D

El Burro

Thought i'd dump some of my stuff here... some of its quite old, I haven't properly Photoshopped in a while since I left College after completing my Diploma in Graphic Design.

DeviantArt

cameron1991

While SC4D was down yesterday, I found a great tutorial online that shows you how to make fancy logos.
Heres a few logos I made...

I should probably blur the edges of the green one as they look a bit choppy...
So anyway what do you think?

Collgab

Ooooh this looks fun, might as well post some old stuff I have here:

some of those are really old, hope you guys like em :)