• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us...... Your Canal stuff

Started by Citynut, January 31, 2007, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citynut

Since I am a fan of making addons for Simgoobers canal stuff - I figured this would be a good place to show off all of the neat things that we have done with the canal base and with the addons that come on board over the years.  ;D
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Citynut

this is a pic of the new canal stuff that will be hitting the LEX soon - as you can see in the pic that there is a variety of things that can be done with them. one of then is the Newman Inc Garbage Processor. also a new up and coming canal park walk. and you can also see the Newman Inc canal brewery there too ;D

Fledder200

:o wow!!!!!....WOW!!! :o
that....draw...b..bb...bridge!!!

*drools*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

BarbyW

Some pics of my use of canals.
Here is a now lost city with SG's canals and a park area.

Venice recreated:

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jacqulina

Fledder200

here are mine SG-canals at use....i realy love them!! ( i wanna merry them  :P)

on the last pic, i tried to LOT a cool plaxa like canal walk...but it realy didn't turned out the way i wanted!...i recently found out...that i stink in LOTing

jacqulina

lol ferry you have also done a beautifull job with the canals

wouanagaine

Wow great job everyone
I however have to learn how to use them on a sloppy terrain.
So if anyone have some tips about that please share &kiss

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Citynut

BarbyW that is an awesome job you did with the meddeterainian canal stuff  &apls and to Fledder200 your canals look super too. I see that you like to have trees along your canals also. This new pack that is coming real soon will fit the bill for you I promise - I think you will like it ;D

Citynut

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 31, 2007, 01:30:40 PM
Wow great job everyone
I however have to learn how to use them on a sloppy terrain.
So if anyone have some tips about that please share &kiss

unfortunalty they work best on flat land - cant seem to make them slope friendly  :(

wouanagaine

Quoteunfortunalty they work best on flat land - cant seem to make them slope friendly
I don't expect them to be SF :). I will use lock to get a level change
My main problem is to find the best way to plop them so that it looks quite good ( ie the water won't go upward ). Something for SC4TF for sure  &Thk/(

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Citynut

here are some more pics of the upcoming new canal park walks - I hope you enjoy the pics

metasmurf

Imo on the last pic the lot looks a bit cluttered with that amount of trees, otherweise good work :)

Fledder200

wow those bridges look so awsome!!!!

yeh i like trees along the canal! make it more alive :)

Citynut

Fledder200 - you and I think alike the more trees the merrier - It does make the city seen more alive - I dont know about you since you have to have the update for simcity4 after the update most of the lots that maxis has lost there trees. that is why I like to build lots with alot of trees to put the life back into it  :D

Fledder200

yep...i plop them everywere!
i love them tree, that's why i love jeronij's street mod...that realy makes the place more alive and true to the real world! ( and then to think that in the readme was a advice not to use it in historical or old city-centers  %wrd )

:)

vegeman

Hey Citynut...

I also love the trees.....do I see seasonal changing trees along those paths?
If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?

Gaston

Sorry I was wiping the drool of my keyboard.    WOW  Those are some incredible pics.   Can't wait to see this stuff available on the LEX.    I am always amazed at the talent that is out there making this stuff.    Truely fantastic.     As far as the trees go,    I'd have to say they do look just a tiny bit heavy/thick in the pics that I am guessing are "summer".    The "winter" pics look like the right amount.    So that is gonna make it a tough call.    If they are gonna be seasonal trees then I suppose there aren't too many.   Great job on um so far.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Citynut

yes you are right the trees are the semi-seasonal ones same I used for the RPK stuff and I think most lots only have two trees on each side

M4346

Looking good people! I love the trees Citynut. Having grown up and living in South Africa we're used to trees everywhere and I usually tree-ify my cities waaay to much.

I can't wait for the release of the above.  :thumbsup: Keep up the good work! ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine