• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Haljackey's SimCity 4 Archives

Started by Haljackey, May 04, 2008, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Fatsuhono, I'd recommend checking out the Network Widening Mod (NWM) project, particularly the later pages of the thread.  Shadow Assassin has been working on something much like that, as seen here

-Alex (Tarkus)

pagenotfound

Nice showcase of the evolution of so many ideas  &apls &apls
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

un1

Nice RHW haljackey. I'm surprised on how old the RHW is. Well I can't wait for more.
  ;)
-un1

nerdly_dood

Gotta love the old RHW v.13B nostalgia... :D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Haljackey

"Update" 7:  Golden Oldies (Part 1)

Now its time for a archive update!  The photos I am about to show you are among the earliest screenies of my "modern" SC4 playing skills (when I first started downloading custom content).  You may resemble some stuff from my CJ/MD  The Greater Terran Region, but most of it is from other regions I have made that came and went. 

You may have seen some of these photos on the first page in low quality.  They were copies of the original files, which I have now found.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this showcase!

Picture Information:

Since there a lot of pictures in this update, I have resized them to fit within the site rules.  They are not clickable for full resolution, sorry!

Besides, the full resolution link would not be much better because of the age of the pictures.  I had a smaller screen back then.

Misleading signs.  They both go in the same direction!

A trumpet interchange look-a-like used with the in-game T-bone interchange:

This... Crazy interchange.  What's the name of this thing again?

Looking a bit closer. 

A sunken highway I made before I ever downloaded the NAM for the first time.  Afterwards I just added some eyecandy to it.  Not bad, eh?

To this day, one of my best stack interchange placements.  It works well with the surrounding area and terrain I think.
-I have since given it a facelift and fixed the leveling problems.

Elevated cloverleaf in the heart of one of my older cities:

Insane, unrealistic construction:

Another one of, those interchanges.  Getting the bullet train line to pass by took a lot of effort and trial and error.

Formation of a dual highway.  I never knew how to make a multi-highway until I found Lakeyboy's guide.

My first proper use of the NAM ground-raised road ramps.

Old RHW.  I always thought that it looked great, but is nothing compared to the current version.  Note the funny truns!

CBD in one of my older cities:

Inter-regional connections:

A highway and bullet train line built on a sandbank as a bypass around town.

My first ever stack interchange:

Highway termini.

Dual highway interchange.

Anyways, that does it for now.  Stay tuned for a part 2 AND 3 of this update!

Best,
-Haljackey

MandelSoft

Ahh, ye good ol' times... I've seen that a lot is changed sincethen...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

3 parts? Hope you're saving the best for last.

It looks.... old. Very nostalgic. My favorite was that insane unrealistic avenue and the highway terminus.

Can't wait for part 2.

Haljackey

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

"Update" 7:  Golden Oldies (Part 2)

Continuing from part 1, just some more crazy pics of my old work.  This is part 2 of 3.

:D  The HUGE 8-avenue intersection.  Lots of crashes on this baby!

You can tell I didn't learn how to make a multi-highway yet :P

Then again, multi highways can't curve or make bridges.  Thats where "dual" highways work!

Talk about an anti-grid grid  ???

An interesting interchange, no room to make a cloverleaf or stack, so I had to be creative  ;)

You can't build a cloverleaf for an angled highway, so I had to improvise!

My first highway/RHW interchange.  Making this setup is a little easier than making a multi-RHW at the time and added an extra lane.

Fun before the MIS:

Same interchange, but now developed and zoomed out:

This seemed to work out pretty well:

Multi-highway/RHW action (sorry for the night photo)

An avenue y-junction used as a 3 way highway interchange:

As close to a trumpet as I got:

Parclo anyone?

I'll end with my first sunken stack.

I hope you enjoyed my golden oldies!  Part 3 of 3 is next!

Best,
-Haljackey

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

JoeST

its looking good in here :)

pageflipery needed
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

that's looking good my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Sometimes, it's good to reflect for a while on the way we had to manage back in the old days.  I can tell that each new transport mod has left its mark on your highways.  This gives your highway system a fascinating history.  This is good stuff, Haljackey! :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Fatsuhono

I love these oldies (but goodies)... hehe... Can't wait for more Haljackey!

Haljackey

I'm glad you are enjoying this update!

"Update" 7:  Golden Oldies (Part 3)

Continuing from part 2, this concludes the Golden Oldies updates.  This is part 3 of 3.

One of the first "real" interchanges I made for the RHW.  I believe version 0.12 was used here.
-Only a road overpass existed at this time, so I left room for an avenue overpass once it came out and room to upgrade the interchange.
-Currently it is a parclo A-2 interchange.

A zoom out of the last image a little later.  Version 0.13 A is used and came with an avenue overpass.
-I also upgraded the interchange from a parclo A-2 to A-4 by adding two more onramps.

A seasonal forest in the middle of a highway junction.  I guess it doesn't look right when you have a subtropical ground texture used :P.

An interesting linkup I made on the outskirts of town:

A VERY tight interchange:

A diamond interchange on its side.  Because the RHW is so close to the water, this was the only way to do it.

A medley of various highway interchanges:

My first successful attempt at making a large mass-transit hub.  There are 2 seperate stations involving bullet train, elevated rail/subway and rail.  To the north is a cool looking elevated highway/avenue parclo A-4 interchange.

A highway is used to link up another highway going in the same direction:

The elevated highway/raised avenue transition puzzle piece at work.  It is rarely seen, but a useful connector!

A dual highway cuts itself through the city.  I did not know how to make a multi-highway when I made this.

One the oldest highways I made that are still existing.  Next to a rail line, this highway just saw upgrades including the rail tunnel you see in this pic and the monorail overpass.

What my highway interchanges used to look like:

But upgrades did come, such as this new stack interchange (but right next to a cloverleaf :P).

A zoomed out look at the RHW airport expressway.

Weaving at its absolute finest:
-I think its the most unsafe interchange I ever made  $%Grinno$%

An older highway pic I made.  Other than needing the smooth elevated-to-ground highway transition, I think it looks pretty cool!

You can do everything here except go straight through :P.  North/south traffic had to make a lengthy detour to continue on.

I end update 7 with a classic cloverleaf interchange.  The area has since been totally reconstructed, and the interchange upgraded to a stack.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed part 3 or update 7!  It takes me back to to the good'ol days.

Best,
-Haljackey

yoshiisland2

Looks terrific!  Those gmax models are  :o &apls :thumbsup:

deathtopumpkins

OK, what are you using for the monorail overpass? Is that a TE'd lot, or a redone overpass in an upcoming NAM release? I figured you would have just used the double-height pieces.

And nice pics! I especially like the transit terminals and that tight OWR interchange.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

un1

Haven't been here in quite a while.  $%Grinno$%

But what I see is what I like. It is nice to see what happened in SC4 before I joined.

-un1

metarvo

Another great set of interchanges, Haljackey.  This variety of highways is practically unparalleled.  It's also good to see how we got along in those pre-MIS days.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

papab2000

Absolutely amazing road work!  &apls 

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie