• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Downloaded for the mac. What do I put in the plugin folder?

Started by franticskwerrel, May 24, 2008, 12:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franticskwerrel

I came here because the official site needs Internet Explorer which more often than not, refuses to work with a mac (man I would've loved to have downloaded things there but that's a long story about having a legit copy and still being unable to do squat with that site because of OS and application issues).

I've used filejuicer and got a bunch of folders. No idea which goes into the plugin folder and which doesn't.

callagrafx

Anything that is a .dat, .sc4model, .sc4desc or .sc4lot file...anything else you'd be wise to store in a readme folder outside of the plugins.  However, don' t drop them in loose, create folders for each download, that way they'll be simple enough to track.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

franticskwerrel

Okay, and the .txt files that seem to have a whole buncha code in them? By the sounds of it, I could put the whole folder in there after getting filejuicer to do its thing, .html files and everything.

wdw1532

I also have a mac and i have this .dll cheat patch that I used in my windows pc and it works fine, but on mac i just don't know where to put it.
I had it in my users\my documents\simcity 4\plug-ins\file.dll but in mac ?? where should i!?