• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Connecting to a network for the first time

Started by Jonathan, June 15, 2008, 01:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Yeah, they do that. But unfortunately MS is also trying hard to kill off XP, at least in terms of support & automatic updates. Right now the cut-off date is set to April 30, 2009. There's a groundswell of protest going on about it, about 100,000 have already signed some form of petition against MS' move.

Vista simply is too bloated and treats even Admins like errant kids - you should have heard me when I ran it for the first time (and I've been administrating system since 1985)..  :angrymore:

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Shadow Assassin

If you don't like bloatedness... have you thought about using Windows Server 2008 as a workstation? It's very similar to Vista, but runs approximately 15% faster on the same hardware, even with Aero.

It's because Microsoft didn't include all that crap with Server 2008 that they included with Vista... and people actually love it. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

HandsOn

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 17, 2008, 05:15:43 AM
If you don't like bloatedness... have you thought about using Windows Server 2008 as a workstation? It's very similar to Vista, but runs approximately 15% faster on the same hardware, even with Aero.

It's because Microsoft didn't include all that crap with Server 2008 that they included with Vista... and people actually love it. :P
Sounds like an idea. Will have to find some time to look into it - soon, before I explode before this mislabelled "Home Premium". I think they called it home in view of the US Housing Market crash..  %bur2$

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook