• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit enabled lots - the easy way

Started by emilin, February 23, 2007, 03:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Quote from: smoncrie on May 02, 2008, 10:42:36 PM
Actually it IS possible to transit enable lots so that they can be placed next to each other, but traffic will not pass through both lots.  Oddly, UDI can pass through.  This one of several differences between the routing of traffic and UDI in lots.

This is a very interesting sentence...  ;) . Can you explain a bit more about placing TE lots near each other ?¿
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

smoncrie

It is a little hard to describe, but basically, for tiles at the edge of the lot, one uses a RUL value of zero for the direction where the traffic enters/leaves the lot.

I discovered this when I was working out how to transit enable stations for the original (puzzle piece only) GLR.  Such stations are transit enabled, and one can plop them next to each other.

jeronij

Thanks, it is interesting, but it is also very limiting that the traffic will not pass through both lots  ::) ... anyway, it is good to know that the option exists. Thanks for sharing the tip  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

So its truly possibly to have 2 TE'ed lots next to each other then that is sweet!!!  But some carefull modding would be needed to follow then, if one does that...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

smoncrie

Pat,

I think that jeronij is right, and unless someone discovers a way for the traffic to get through, it is more of a curiosity than anything useful. That is why I did not say more in my first post.  I guess I should have explained it better.

The only useful thing I can think of, that might work, is to provide an alternate route for emergency vehicles when the traffic has been converted to subway.

Pat

OK Smoncrie thank you that is better understanding...  So its possible but not so far practical as its only limited traffic... 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

simcrazy123

All I see is a bunch of blocks that say "Not Found"??

Pat

HI there Simcrazy123,
  The reason behind that is the base texture you have used is not a maxis texture, it has to do something with the coding where it can only notice the maxis textures... if you use just a maxis texture first then replace it with a texture you want.... IE I start off with the maxis grass textures as a base route.... Does that make a bit of sense?

hooha47

I have found that if you place the textures in your Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins folder, the textures will show up in the TE editor. 

I hope this helps.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Une_ame

I just start to use SC4Tool to help TE a railyard Lot I just made from an old smaller one.

Now, I open SC4D and I made the modifications I want. My pb is that I cannot save, the icon (top left) stays light grey ()what().

I was able to TE my smaller lot and now I've got the same grey useless Save Icon with it...

I want to understand and I'm not ready to delete my nice LOT to create another one from scratch ()sad().

Can somebody help ???????
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Andreas

Your TE isn't properly done. The arrows on the TE'd tiles need to point into both directions (left and right). Have a look at various existing lots in order to understand how you need to setup the directions etc.
Andreas

Nego

Question!

Is it posable to make your own base texture? If so, how?

RippleJet

Nego

Une_ame

I realize that I didn't ever thanks Andreas for his answer....   Thanks Andreas !!!   :D
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

s_olah

I didn't quite understand how can you make such transit enabled lots which can be placed next to each other. I have made some fun pedestrian plazas, and I want to place them like the pedestrian plaza puzzle pieces which are included in the NAM, but I just can't seem to make them work. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Andreas

Puzzle pieces are not the same as transit enabled lots. For adding new puzzle pieces, you'd have to edit the NAM Controller, which requires extensive modding knowledge.
Andreas

PaleRider1942

Is it possible to do a rail/road crossover in the middle of a lot with sc4 tool or does that require expert modding?

Lowkee33

My initial reaction would be impossible:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2763.40

However, NAM has puzzle pieces with rails crossing roads, although from what I understand these are real network pieces and work differently.

I think that you could get what you want though.  It may take some expert modding skills, but you could split your one lot into four lots that surround a blank space.  That blank space would be your intersection and you may not even need a puzzle piece.  A picture may help me describe this.

This is just an example.  There would be better ways to make that specific lot (no TE at all).  If those rails/roads were diagonal it would be more helpful, but I dont know how well diagonal transit on lots work.  It might not be worth the time.  This all depends on how comfortable you are with lot making, the size of your lot, and the buildings involved.  It might be a very functional piece of art.

M4346

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble creating network enabled lots with two one way roads running through them.

The lot is 3 x 3 with two one way roads running through it from south to north and north to south (LHD) one tile apart like this:

\/ X /\
\/ X /\
\/ X /\

The original 3 x 3 lot had a road running through it on each side and was transit enabled as follows (just flip it):

<><><>
X  X  X
<><><>

How should the OWR lot be TE'd in SC4Tool? I've tried a variety of configurations but the pathing in-game still runs like a normal road.

Should it be A:

<><><>
X  X  X
<><><>

Or B

> <> >
X  X  X
<  <   <

Or some other configuration?

I can't find any information or example lots using this (which makes me doubt whether it is possible?)

Thanks,

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine