• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vista and FiSHMan

Started by nerdly_dood, August 16, 2008, 03:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

Recently my laptop became unusable but not entirely dead - my projects are salvageable but I can't salgave them yet, and I can't work on them with the laptop.  The laptop runs Windows 2000 (if it boots at all) and it is my machine that I use to make my police car skins.  My other computer runs a 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate, and I use it to test my mods and play SC4.  Due to my sudden inability to create new police car skins on my laptop, I must use my desktop to do my modding.  Many knowledgeable modders know that FiSHMan is a necessary program to do any texture work that does not include just creating Lot Editor textures or making transit texture mods. So I try to run the program on Vista, and it just gives me a bunch of jargon that means that it won't work... so I'm left to work on my existing mods turning them into props and additionals.

Possible solutions that I know of include getting the laptop to work (requiring a little bit too much effort that I'm willing to use) or I could install some virtual machine software (I already have such a program) and install Windows 2000 on it...or does anyone else have any advice? I've tried it with Aero, Vista Basic and Windows Classic themes - none affect the FiSHMan problem.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pilotdaryl

Go to the main .EXE file that opens FiSHman, right click on properties, go to the compatibility tab and check "run this program in compatiblity mode for (then choose an OS - it should work on 'Windows XP service pack 2')"
I had to do it to install SimCity 4! :D