• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Google Chrome Goes Live!

Started by M4346, September 02, 2008, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

hehehe I never thought about doing that one lol... 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

I'm not sure there's a way to uninstall IE, considering that it's integrated into the Windows OS. There might be, though.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

there is on xp, I have done it.... but I dont know about vista  (its on add and remove programs on one of the lower tabs in xp)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

I just checked my "Uninstall Programs" list in the Vista control panel and I don't see Internet Explorer in it. Firefox, Opera and Chrome are, though (naturally)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

its not in programs its in windows components or somehting similar

Haljackey

Well, I downloaded Chrome yesterday... I am quite surprised with it!  I thought it would be like Firefox but I was wrong!  It is truly a unique way to browse the net.

I thought that Google could make something that is better than Google Earth!  But this new browser comes close, and its only the beta!

Oh, and for those who are wondering, here is what Chrome looks like on Vista, viewing SC4D.

Unlike Joe, I will reduce the pic to a thumbnail, because its 1920x1200, way over the site limits!

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

hey, you dont have to brag at the size of your screen :P LOL

yeah it really is great

Joe

ps: you have lots of unread posts :p

Haljackey

Quote from: JoeST on September 04, 2008, 02:44:12 PM

ps: you have lots of unread posts :p

How...How do you know that?