• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

un1's Lots and Mods - Smalltown USA Relots

Started by un1, October 11, 2008, 07:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

As you may have heard, SCRT disbanded out of no where so now I am alone.  ;D (I didn't like being a leader anyways. :P )

sim-Al2: Thanks.
deathtopumpkins I am using a red brick texture from the BSC Mega Textures Pack Vol 2.

Well, I am done all of the 1x3 lots so I am going to release them soon.

Here is the packaging...
They break the SC4D rules so I will link them to you.  "$Deal"$

Christmas
Normal

Enjoy,
-un1

wouanagaine

Interesting, I hope you use familly prop to give more variety in the houses

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BarbyW

I hope you will put these forward for LEX Candidacy, un1. They look very good.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JBSimio

These do indeed look very nice... I really like what you've done here.   &apls

Have you considered a single large lot version where the buildings face each other across a pedestrian walkway?  I can picture the same set up you have now with another row of buildings where the road is in your picture... almost as if they tore up the street and just turned it into a walking plaza of sorts.

JB 

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

deathtopumpkins

I agree with the above... ^ These are really nice. And I have three words to say about the christmas ones: Giant Blow-up Frosty!  :D

One question: Are those trees seasonal?  :P
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

starrdarcy

un1,

Very good work, and i really like the work you have began on that project which included those small lots, we need more of those in the game. I just wanted to know what kind of tress you use for the small parks, which btw, look great too! Keep it coming un1!

Urban design & planning with SimCity with Sketchup

threestooges

Nice work un1, and I agree with JBSimio. If you could manage a lot with a 'ped mall' down the center that would look pretty darn neat, but then that would leave the matter of what to do with the backs of the buildings. Either way, it looks pretty good.
-Matt

un1

wouanagaine: I will, thanks.
BarbyW: Thanks Barby, but I wont... I have something else, that I will submit.
JBSimio: Thanks! I was thinking about doing that, but people like the idea so, I will. :P
deathtopumpkins: No they aren't. :P ... Read above.
starrdarcy: Thanks for your comments. I mostly use D66's, sometimes I will use one that jestarr made.
threestooges: Thanks! ;D I was thinking a row of trees to cover most of the backside.

Since I am making the readme for those lots, I stated a new project.
It is called,
               Custom Port Fillers

Are you tired of having extra spaces in your port, and you don't want to fill them in with Industrial zoning?
These are right for you. ;D What they are, is lots that look like they are industrial, but they truly aren't. Another thing is they have no jobs so they are road dependant.
Here is some pictures,

Enjoy,
-un1

RippleJet

Neat idea! :thumbsup:
May I suggest that you use prop families as much as you can, in order to give the lots even more variations.

callagrafx

I concur with Ripplejet....ask Barby for a prop family ID range  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

BarbyW

He already has a prop family range :thumbsup:
I agree with Tage that these look neat. They would also look good with some with waterfront props - marrast embankments like the ones I made for example. The only thing I am not sure about is the lamppost prop you have chosen. You might be better using the $streetlights for a port/industrial area instead of the commercial style ones.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SimsReporter

Looking good Un1. I really like the Port Fillers, keep it up  &apls
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

un1

RippleJet: Thanks, I am trying to use all props by jestarr.
calagrafx: Thanks, I already have one.
BarbyW: Thanks, I have change them already. ;)
SimsReporter: Thanks.  ;D

Per a request at ST I made new lots that have less props.

Enjoy,
-un1

rushman5

I like the low-wealth lightposts better, well done mate  :thumbsup:

Pat

Un1 looking real sweet there with the port fillers!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deathtopumpkins

Those are great, un1!  :thumbsup: They look a little less crowded now.

un1

rushman5: Thanks.
Pat: Thanks.
deathtopumpkins: Thanks.

I got around to releasing them, they are here.

Enjoy,
-un1

deathtopumpkins

Oh yay, I was just working on a port area! Excellent work, un.

Pat

woot Un1 this is great soo are you going to LEX with these at all???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sim-al2

Awesome fillers, un1! They look really nice considering I just got back from Maryland, and passing through the massive refinery near Cattlesburg, KY! :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")