• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CPU is always at 100%. ???

Started by Jonathan, December 03, 2008, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I have already backed it up to an exteranl HD from Safe mode (now I'm just scared somehow it's going to get lost ::))

I'll go for a clean install then as I guess it would help to any way.

Thanks for everyone's help on this, it is very much appreciated.
Jonathan

Andreas

Quote from: Warrior on December 12, 2008, 01:42:59 PM
I'll go for a clean install then as I guess it would help to any way.

Sounds like a good idea. As I said before, it will take a bit longer to set up everything again, but it's no use trying to fix a broken installation, which might work after quite some fiddling, but eventually will break down because something is wrong.
Andreas

Jonathan

I have reinstalled windows, at the moment the only thing installed is Norton.
I did notice however that when I went onto system properties, the CPU score was only 4.7, where before it was around 5.6, I did reset the BIOS when I had the virus, but the CPU wasn't overclocked before. CPU usage, with IE, Explorer and Norton running is under 5%. It is an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. Is it possible I may have damaged it in someway? And if I were to upgrade what processor could I get for a reasonable price.

EDIT; I went into the BIOS, and acording to that the CPU clock speed is 1.60Ghz, rather than the 2.40Ghz it should be. Also is it 2.40Ghz per core, or 2.40Ghz overall.

Jonathan

callagrafx

Just a thought...what's your PSU's wattage?  Did you change/upgrade any hardware recently?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it