• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Disaster!

Started by TheTeaCat, December 01, 2006, 06:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

my pc went "bang" the other night. I lost everything. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I mean everything. :'(

HDD failure.

All gone no hope.

But..
Good news..........

Now have 2 HDD installed  ;D
120Gig and 110 Gig ;D
Lots of space ;D
(I can Back up my back up heehee) ;D
;D

I just have to start afresh. 

Hmm time to get the plugin folder sorted once and for all.Now I know what to do.
So a new map and nam and ohh the lists too long. terraforming, building heeehee lots of fun.

Could be a while for new pics from me but don't worry I'm sure I'll have some good stuff before long.

Ok Time for a cuppa now,  ;D
might even have a biccy too!

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Oh that's terrible!

But nice news for you (and means that more pictures from your work?)!

TheTeaCat

Cheers bat.

yep fresh install of everything.
Do you know how much stuff I had?  &mmm

I didn't.  &mmm

Untill I went looking for it. :(

Oh well.

Such is life.

more pics indeed. gonna terraform a region wanna see it?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Alfred.Jones

That is very unfortunate TheTeaCat. Hope you get most of your things back.

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

thanks Alfred. :thumbsup:

Found some bits :D but not as much as i hoped. &mmm

Anyway it gives me a chance to have a nice tidy :o plugins folder. ::)

As I now know where to put stuff where I want. ::)

Have had worse things happen than a HDD failure :( and coped with them ;) so I expect I'll be ok ::)

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

jeronij

Hi TTC, lets think japanese  ;)   Crisis = New opprtunity   ;D

Time to make a brand new plugins folder. It will take some time ( It took me two weeks last time I did it) but the effort is well worth it  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

That is a good point. I deleted my plugins folder so i didnt have all the stuff that I dont use ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Quote from: TheTeaCat on December 01, 2006, 02:19:08 PM
more pics indeed. gonna terraform a region wanna see it?

That are good news and we (I) would see how you terraform this region!

mjig_dudy

My plugins folder once 'disappeared' (don't ask how, as i don't know).

I was, of course at first very annoyed, but later found it really useful because it gave me a chance to properly organize my plugins  (I still had some really bad simcity 4 official exchange content in there :angrymore:). And it also sorted out my game loading time, which at that point was really long.

Now my plugins folder is getting a bit heavy again, and it needs a good sorting out, but i really can't be bothered so i will just wait until something goes wrong with my computer again :D.

So just look at it as something that has to happen now and again, annoying at first but good in the long run.

TheTeaCat

Thanks for all the kind words folks. :thumbsup:

I agree it was about time something blew (either my pc or my top at how long it took to load  ::)0

Its a fresh start and whats nice is I know what I like, what I want and what you lot want lol

A clean slate new region and empty plugins folder. The possibilities are endless.

Hmm Jeronij i like your idea  :thumbsup:japanese bats   :thumbsup:  ooooh tempting ;D

Who knows maybe my new drunken Vulcan logical system might even work ::)

Anyhow time for TEA ;D ;D

pica

I have started also a new pluginfolder. He wasn't lost, I deleted it myself.
There were to many missing files. I always check the dependecies but I got lots of plugins wich didn't work or failures.

So i'm now building a new one, step by step. I hope that will work.

Masochist

Oh, TheTeaCat, sorry to hear about your computer.  But actually, I almost (almost) wish it would happen to mine, so I would have a good excuse to get a better one.  But good luck putting it back together!  It should make quite the adventure, I would think...

pica: Wow, you purposely deleted your plug-in folder?  Man, you have guts!  I don't even want to do that, and I still have all of the zip files stored in a different folder!  Good luck!
(Under Construction)

TheTeaCat

Jeronij, Masochist, Bat, Alfred, mjig_dudy, Pica,

such is life, thanks for the kind words.

It is nice to have such supportive friends on this site.

pica

Quotepica: Wow, you purposely deleted your plug-in folder?  Man, you have guts!  I don't even want to do that, and I still have all of the zip files stored in a different folder!  Good luck!

I've stored also the zips. Every time I play now, I put a few in the pluginfolder and see if they work fine.

@TTC, when you miss something and you can't get it anymore, please let me know. I stored a lot of plugins.

TheTeaCat

Pica

Thank you what a kind gesture. Thank you I shall avail of your kindness if ever i get stuck.

PS

I think I got the cream and for any cat that's always good ;D.

The IT department at work insisted that I bring in my hdd  to see what they could do
and guess what folks they managed to recover about 60% of the data on there.

My working plugin folder was lost, :(
All my music (72Gig) was lost  :'(
but my simcity back up copy was saved. ;D

It's not everything I had but it's quite a lot of it :)

Cost me lunch for 3 people in the (Heavily subsidised (75%) )staff canteen. :thumbsup:

Bargin :thumbsup:

now just got to put it all back where it belongs.

Tea first though

beskhu3epnm

I've recently lost my HDs and am operating on a substandard computer not suitable for anything except typing.... I had 2x200GB SATA RAID 0 Seagate Hard Disks in which the boot sector apparently went bad at the same time. Currently awaiting replacements. I just finished spending about an hour changing textures on a SC4M map in SC4 which is now lost.

Computers. Grr...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Rayden

The same happen to me with my two 120Gb connected through RAID0, when I upgraded my PC this summer. I changed motherboard without saving my Raid settings to transport to other board, but, luckilly I had a new 300Gb SATA disk and had them copied before. I just had to setup again the system. Now I have a 300 Gb HD + 2x120Gb HDs connected through RAID0 plus 1 external 160GB HD. 700 all together :D

NikNik

Quote from: Masochist on December 06, 2006, 12:12:12 PM
pica: Wow, you purposely deleted your plug-in folder?  Man, you have guts!  I don't even want to do that, and I still have all of the zip files stored in a different folder!  Good luck!
Wow  thought I was the only one out there who is weird enough to keep the zips stored. Although it helped me in findingthe right dependancies on a couple occasions. It also helps in backing up (I only back up the zip files).

Good luck sorting teaCat.
Good luck beskhu3epnm, sound rotten an hour work gone.

Nik-Nik

Alek King of SC4

can't tell you how many times i have rebuilt my plugins, i hope you have high speed cable  %brg/·$

i suggest doing all your dependency packs, prop packs, texture packs first.