• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Computer won't log in (Related to Spyware Doctor)

Started by frdrcklim, December 16, 2008, 03:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

Okay, I've got a new problem. It's really weird. I was awake 'til 12 something a.m. when my Spyware Doctor asked me if I should block a trojan that wanted to unno... what they always do. Obviously, I said block. A few moments later, I realized my firewall was off (I dunno why... I never touch it and yet it's off). Maybe that's why I got that message. Anyway, I turn on the firewall and use my Spyware Doctor to check for infections that may have already entered. When it was done, I at least saw about two dozen. So I do what anybody would do... i clicked the Move to Quarantine button. Moments later, it asks me to reboot to remove some of the infections (if I remember). So, with that I chose to reboot. So it does. This is when the problem starts, when I load back to my account, i only get to see my desktop wall paper before it logs me off. I click my account again but it won't let me in. I'm thinking maybe I should System Restore and see what happens. With that, I try to activate the safe mode by not resetting the computer several times. The funny thing is that, I can't even run safe mode. This is when I realized something bad had happen. Did my spyware doctor just remove system files that no longer allow me to log in... in my own computer  :'(!!!

I dunno how to really describe this, some advice would be appreciated, some links would be appreciated equally as well.

Also, can anyone tell how to switch to my backup hard drive as my master hard drive. I'll see what I can do from there. You use the set up right during the start?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

High5Tower

Yes you have been infected! This has happened to me two times. The trojan disables your anti virus programs and resets settings in your firewall. I have a third program Stopzilla that is keep on my external hard drive and in both cases I have at those times used it to clean the infection. This is no fun. But the Stopzilla program has got me back in line. I have since completely reinstalled windows and all my programs at me times conveneince back this is nasty stuff.

frdrcklim

Oh figures. That's just sad. Luckily, My secondary hard drive is now the primary. I've worked it out. Now for my, infected master now secondary hard drive, how do i deal with it? Can I copy my system files to my infected drive so that it will allow me to log in again?

Yep, I still got it.

frdrcklim

Yeah, but like I said, I can't even run safe mode. I dun even think it's the infection anymore since the infections Spyware Doctor got were from Very low to low threats. Anyway, I think some or maybe just on system files got corrupt or something because maybe my anti-spyware removed more than what it was supposed to. Right now, I'm thinking I should repair the OS (Just to be sure, it won't result to any data loss right?) or something or maybe find the corrupt file (which will long and painful... unless you guys can share to me which file is responsible for logging in  ;D. If this reasoning is flawed, other great ideas are still appreciated.).

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Yes you can try a repair with the Windows CD, no data loss will happen, and no application to reinstall neither

You can also try if you have that option on your windows CD to run a Restore point, in that case you may have to reinstall some applications

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

frdrcklim

Okay, so I've repaired my OS and everything somewhat back to normal. My Internet Explorer somehow a bit screwed as a result and it got downgraded from version 7 to 6 in the process (I'm using Mozilla now) but it's no biggie. So yeah, everything is great and I'm glad this is over ;D.

Yep, I still got it.