• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing in Action!

Started by dedgren, March 07, 2007, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schooner2

I am 40 years old with a demanding career and have a three month old baby daughter.  So my time is very limited to say the least.  With that said, I usually spend what limited free time I have just reading the boards to keep abreast of what is going on.  In addition, I am revamping my plug-ins in preparation to play SC4 after a long time away from the game.  I am not one to constantly post replies, I just do not have the time.  However, I think this is a very nice idea to try to keep in touch with all members.  There are many people on this site that I admire and maybe it would not be a bad idea to say so from time to time.  This is a fabulous site and I enjoy it immensely even though I may not post much!
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Giligone

Haha, this is a fun idea. I liked the post where dedgren was like "so and so was spotted lurking @ ____ hours". Its like hide and seek! :D

callagrafx

QuoteI am 40 years old with a demanding career and have a three month old baby daughter.

@Schooner2: Congratulations on your daughter!!!  But I have to tell you it doesn't get any easier  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Fred_Ginger

@Callagrafx; Now Lee, don't go scaring the poor man!  @Schooner; You may want to drop by Peg's and read "Rules For Dating My Daughter"

I've told my sister (the one that lives next door) that if, for some reason, I can't get on line she is to visit my 2 favorite sites (where I know people care) and let them know 1) what's wrong 2) and when I'll be back - Hey, I'm 60 years old and have got to think about these things.....
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

schooner2

@Schooner2: Congratulations on your daughter!!!  But I have to tell you it doesn't get any easier  

Thanks for the kind words and recommendations for reading PEG's stuff, callagrafx!   I'll have to give it a read.  I have heard it will not get easier but I wouldn't trade being her Dad for a minute.  At least when she is older, we can play SC4 or SC5 together!    :thumbsup:
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

sebes

I like the idea of this - very much.

My father passed away a month ago, relatively sudden, and since then I keep on thinking to what sites he was registered and if forum-friends are missing him now too.. 

Not that this list on this page would help in that case, but the idea that people even care why you're not showing up is great...
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Cali

it is nice to know where some of these people disappeared to. i'm glad at least this site does seem to care.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

schooner2: Congratulations on your baby daughter, my friend!

Doc: I agree with 100%.

And to those who've be listen on the March 11 update, if you're reading this, give us a "Hello!" so we know that everything is OK!

Doc

Sebes, I'm very sorry for your loss. May all of the good times be remembered and cherished.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Pat

Doc you have nailed it right on the head in your previouse post and again sebes i am sorry to hear of
your loss as well, just remeber the good times you had with your grandpa and keep a smiling - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

Sebes, I'm very sorry to hear about your father. You are in my thoughts

BourneID

I a bit sad now...  noone came looking for me sept for Dedren while I was out there in the wilds of the internet...  having a bit of an identity crisis,  oh well.

I for one... would take it as a compliment the have someone for the sc4 community wonder where I was...  as I do miss some of the members that have wondered of... has to do with the sense of community around here. Some may remember about 1-2 years back we were a pretty tight group of folks.. some of the closeness has gone away with time... (or it could be my sense of closeness from being so detatched from the goings on)

I know that SC4devotion intention is to be geared to the more hardcore dedicated sc4 fans... I I still am to a degree...  but I stick around more becuase of the folks around the community that I have grown fond of...

:'(      (end sobby storytime)

Smile Y'all

vab423

Quote from: BourneID on March 12, 2007, 10:01:50 PM
I a bit sad now...  noone came looking for me sept for Dedren while I was out there in the wilds of the internet...  having a bit of an identity crisis

I was going to look for you but didn't want you to think I was stalking you, especially with that identity crisis thing going on.

Sebes, my condolences on your loss of your father.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

dedgren

Quoteend sobby storytime

Doctor's Note:  Up John's Premarin dosage ASAP!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Badsim

I'm absolutely convinced by the public utility of this thread ... or may be those being agaisnt haven't the same definition of "community" , even virtual ...
I want to say , incidentally , these international and virtual relationships have became necessary for me and with the same evidence , I can't say that I don't care to what happens to any of you ; that's a REALITY . So I will read this thread regularly .
Sebes , don't think that wouldn't help in any case , we are all confronted to life and death . We can just be a little more heartwarming than usual ; just confirming you that your pain has been (my case ) or will be our pain .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Fred_Ginger

@ Sebes I'm so sorry about your father, it's a hard blow to loose a parent.  No matter how young/old you are....

On a different note

@Bourne Your back &dance I've really missed you and your wicked humor!  Don't do that again!  at least not without permission!
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

thundercrack83

Welcome back, BourneID! Incidentallyy, the movie of which your name comes from was on TV the other night. Great film!

Sebes: Sorry to hear about your father, my friend. I hope that you are doing OK.

schooner2

sebes: My thoughts go out to you.  I wish you comfort and peace during this trying time.

thundercrack83: thanks for the kind words!

A big "Hello" to the rest of you!!!! :)

sebes

Wow all, thanks for all your very kind words and PM. It truely makes this place a very pleasant one to be !    ()flower()

I'm pretty OK again, but RL is taking all time right now, taking care for my mum and so. So if I don't post for a while you know where I hang out....   
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

Quote...worrying about being tracked and turned over to Interpol...

Try telling that to vab423. :P
Well, this is a great idea, it allows us to at least see what's going on. Life is a b*tch, and as such, we have to be a b*tch back to it, too. :P But hey, it does show we care*.

*disclaimer: this is not the same sort of caring that many companies nowadays are going on about.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!