• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Really strange textures since I started playing again.

Started by Moby, March 03, 2009, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moby

Hello guys,

A few days ago I started playing SC4 again after a couple of months. I have always build in European style (as I am Dutch) but just before I quited half a year ago I changed my style (thus plugin list) radically to American.

The reason that I'm playing again is that I am still fascinated by the European transport networks and building styles. So that means that I had to change my plugin list back to European style. Some plugins in my American plugin list are very usefull for European style as well so I didn't removed the whole list and started downloading again but I just removed those typical American buildings and replaced them with European buildings. Other major changements where the updated NAM, Euro roads and Euro car instances.

But since the beginning of my new SC4 adventure I am experiencing some very weird problems. See the screenshots below:

As it is

As it should be

What the hell, and I haven't used any seewalls

It should be a railtrack

Roadzoning?

Okay about the building textures. It only happens with downloaded buildings. And sometimes the textures go to normal when I zoom in and out, same counts for the roadzoning. Does anybody knows what's wrong?

wouanagaine

Very strange
I don't think all problems are related
Make sure you have your latest drivers for your graphic card
Make a test with software mode and hardware mode in the graphical option in SC4

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Swamper77

The draggable rail issue could be the result of a bad install. Some PC users have had similar problems because the game didn't install properly.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

magee_b

I have actually had similar problems. I had been away from SC4 (and electricity) for several months, and when I came back I reinstalled for a clean start. But I started getting the same sort of texture/graphics issues that I never had in my previous 3 years. Mostly with downloaded buildings, and NAM pieces (looks exactly the same as Moby's issue)