• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Increase your PC's Performance!

Started by cameron1991, March 16, 2007, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

While surfing the internet a while ago, I found an incredibly useful tool called Free Ram. Free Ram is a small program that puts all non essential programs onto virtual memory leaving you with more 'real' memory for applications like SC4 to use. For example, Before using Free Ram, my pc has about 230mb of ram available for SC4. After using the program, my PC has about 400mb available, Thats nearly 200mb!. It makes a huge difference to gameplay, and along with the Datpacker can completely eliminate the zoom crash bug. Try it and you will be amazed by how much better your applications run!

Heres the link...
http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/software.html

rooker1

Has anyone tried this yet.  I am always afraid to DL something before anyone else has tried it.
???
Call me Robin, please.

Serkanner

I use this little tool all the time and it works like  a charm.  :thumbsup:   ...

M4346

Is it freeware or shareware?

Nevermind, lol, it says it's "Purely freeware." :P Will try it a.s.a.p. Thanks!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sarungman

really? i used this software before, at the first yes it makes my laptop has more memory to play this game..... but when in the game.... the bad thing i had found was, when i want to zoom in/out.... it took a longer time to load than without using the tool..... after i unistalled the tools.... i zoomed out/in like a normal...... i dont know why........
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

wouanagaine

Quote from: sarungman on April 04, 2007, 02:15:07 AM
really? i used this software before, at the first yes it makes my laptop has more memory to play this game..... but when in the game.... the bad thing i had found was, when i want to zoom in/out.... it took a longer time to load than without using the tool..... after i unistalled the tools.... i zoomed out/in like a normal...... i dont know why........
I think it is because the tool wipe out oldest bytes in the RAM to your Virtual Memory file, when zoom in/out it requires the old bytes, so windows has to refit the RAM from the Virtual Memory file which can be long depending of how much memory it has to move and your HD speed and fragmentation of the Virtual Memory file

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

snorrelli

I use Cacheman XP. It's not as simple as Free Ram, but I think it works better...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

jeronij

I also used Cacheman and worked fine.
Actually I have plenty of RAM  ()stsfd()
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary