• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tamorr's LE Expression

Started by tamorr, May 16, 2009, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

I have been messing around with LE lately mainly making things for PEGs CDK3 Lots, but what I am wanting to do is runs canals merging the two as a Transfer Lot. I do have a pic of the PEG CSK2 Transfer that I call Bob's CSK2 CDK3 Tranfer.

As you see these are PEGs Canals. However I want to actually make This transfer for the SG Canals and CALs Canals as well. It may take some time before I have a pic with those mentioned implemented. And for those of you whom Love PEGs Waterfront, but also love the Canals here, will probably appreciate this lot when I'm finished. I may be wrong, but it is a good idea to me. It is something I like doing making other variations of use for lots.
   The couple of trouble things I'm having at the moment, I'll have to look up the one in the forums here. The One I'm not so sure of is the Demand Cap relief thingy that the Coal Wharf and Small Wharf have. I'm not sure exactly what value in the properties deals with this and how I would use it.... I roughly know of the Jobs implimentation, but is it a different property or the same one with a different reference value. That is where I'm confused. I mainly want to know for other lots that I have in mind, as this one I want to make with jobs, which is not an easy process for me.
   Hopefully I'll have some pics of what I have done when I get some of the perks adjusted.... Alignment of Canals is not so easy, but well worth to get it right to meld with the rest of the sets. Anyways that is my current project for the moment, as it is mainly going to be a modification of the above, namely the Canal connecting to the Lot. I'm sure I'll be able to do it... Any questions or comments are welcome...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

carkid1998

Oh very nice!
How about adding some water jet props in the game water so the water looks like it flows under the dock?
Sendona... Coming soon!

CasperVg

That's looking fairly good, I like it a lot!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tamorr

I thought of the idea, but alas it is a Transfer Dock. Originally I thought of doing so, but since I am not a batter it doesn't help much... I could use PEGs props to create such an effect, however I am only a beginner at LE... And besides wouldn't that look silly with the scow right there? Hmm... Maybe I could make a version of it like the OWW2 streams to Ocean.
  Right now however I'm concentrating on coverting this Lot to use with SG and CAL Canals. This lot is Technically already finished for the most part. It is like a different End piece for the Canals, but instead of ending abruptly, it ends in a transfer to the CDK3. Thanks for the idea, I'll have to look into making an actual Transition Dock to the game water much like the Locks that are around...
   If you have access to PEGs site you can get the above Lot in my Topic CSK2 CDK3 there.... you can get it in the custom contributions section, otherwise you can now get them at STEX here.
  As for the Devotion I'm going to work on the SG and CAL side of the Lot.
Thanks for the compliments....
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

tamorr

And now that I have something to show I will... As I have said before I wanted to change what I did above with PEGs Canals to using SG Canals and CALs. I have got the basic Canal part done with SG Canal, haven't with CALs, as I probably should only do one at a time. That and the fact I am working on a few projects at one time.

Here is what I have so far for Bob's SG Canal Transfer:

As you see it looks a bit cluttered around the Canal, and I will change that, since it just doesn't look right. Also I plan to change some of the Semi's to others. I am going to make a few Prop families when I have the time, so I can have a better range of the content popping up per say. That is I am like some of the props in certain families, but want to have a few select from particular ones showing up. I have requested in the prop index but no answer as of yet.

I do have something I made a few weeks ago and recently modified in the last week,

%confuso
   This is my version of the SG CAL Canal Small Wharf, which essentially was not redone as far as I know. I do know the Coal Wharf was, but didn't see this little small one with it, like it was with SG Canals. So I made one to compensate for that fact. I did not Barby, I think it is, that made the CAL Industrial Wharves, but I didn't see this one. It is just a small addition to the sets, however like the Transfer Dock, it needs a little work as well. I would definately have to Thank All those whom made the original models and props. If it wasn't for them people wouldn't have have much to work with, unless someone else made something similar, but that is besides the point.
   With the CAL Small Wharf I plan on adding the cars in the parking because I forgot to put that in. I'll have to find a good prop family for this one, probably what SG used on his. And yes this is a modification of the SG one. So to no avail I am going back to my projects I am doing... Any questions and comments are always welcome.
"Patience is a virtue."