• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrhnemo

Great railroads guys! :thumbsup: They're absolutely stunning! This picture of mine was more or less supposed to showcase the small port, but it still has plenty of tracks.

A warm, sunny day in Cloverfield.

Enjoy :)

EDIT: I wasn't digging the whole cold, blue tones thing so I decided to make it warmer. But I'm glad M0ngoose liked it!

dsrwhat316

here's my latest railroad mosaic:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Pat

Dan you have been showing some great stuff!!! as well as everyone else!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Like that picture of a sunny day, jrhnemo!

Great work on that railroad mosaic! Wonderful, Dan! :thumbsup:

Nardo69

There'S a lot of railways this month in my MD to celebrate the second OSITM:

More in MD! Have fun!

Nardo69

Where have all the railway fans gone?

From my latest session:

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

sebes

Quote from: Nardo69 on March 15, 2008, 07:39:43 AM

Still gasping for breath after your previous pics Bernhard ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

JoeST

Interesting picture, nice windmill.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jrhnemo

Bernhard,

Even while I'm listening to terrifying Phantom of the Opera music, you still bring a smile to my face! :) I especially like your use of Cycledogg's maple, oak, and elm trees along with Jeronij's rural walls. Fantastic!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

threestooges

There have been some great pics in this thread recently, but it's been a while since I last posted one. As I am currently working on a bridge in my BAT thread, and it is to a point that it at least looks decent, I thought I'd post it here and perhaps get some feedback for it. Bernhard, the rail fans are still here, and I don't think we're going anywhere any time soon.

Ennedi

Quote from: Nardo69 on March 15, 2008, 07:39:43 AM

They are here Bernhard!  :thumbsup:
Don't worry, personally I look at every your new creation, unfortunaltely the RL is too demanding lately  ::)

Threestoges: very nice structure, I suppose it will be rather good for smaller rail bridges. It would be good to have at least a bit of foundation on both ends (the steel structure should be supported by something), even if you don't provide any pylons.
It would be interesting to see this brideg from a bigger distance, at this moment the structure looks a bit too thick, it is always nice to see a train crossing the bridge  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Toichus Maximus

That's an amazing bridge; I can't wait till it's available. However, I too must agree with Ennedi--it needs some supports on the bottom edges, like this:

l                                             l
l                                             l

Excellent work

Nardo69

paroch

Ooooh nice, like the change in terrain height, over a bridge, under a tunnel and round a corner.  Plenty of rural roads like that, that I can picture.

Nice!

EDIT:  Bernhard, I have a train/GLR pic I think you'd like, but I'll let you bask in the glory of your pic for a while longer  ;)

threestooges

The only thing I would comment on is the small little patch of grass just before the rail bridge. Also where did you get the bridge itself? It looks good. In fact, the whole picture is really well done. Delightfully rural.

Nardo69

@paroch: Hey, show the pic, I am curious and always a sucker for good railway pics ;)

@Threestooges: Thanks!
The bridge is jaystimson's Railway Trestle over Road, there is also a Railway Trestle over Avenue and a Railway Trestle over Highway. I like to use them as bridges over roads as well as little creeeks in rural surrounding.
They are a bit tricky to plop: You have to plop the bridge first on the railway and then plop the slope pieces to close the connection. The T-Onslope doesn't work unfortunately that is why you see the green spot. Only workaround is Peg's Alternative Railway texture or a mod that completely remove the textures under the rail.

paroch

Bernhard,

Well here it is - from my latest MD update, I hope you like it.

Kingly Central Station Plaza:

I have had one shot with three trains and four trams, but not since the buildings developed!

And here's the real thing:

Plenty of GLR in the latest update that may tickle your fancy!

Take care,

Paul

EDIT: I'd like to add some pedestrians milling about on the ped mall plaza.  Do you know of a mod/lot that would do this?

Nardo69

I have been there only once and that must have been at least 15 years ago ... what a shame, I like Amsterdam and I think you caught the atmosphere!   &apls   :thumbsdown:

About pedestrian spawining tiles, well, I honestly don't know. I think cogeo made some lots of this kind for rail and road, maybe you asked him?

@threestooges: Ooooops - I totally forgot to comment your bridge ...  :-[
It's a wooden one, isn't it? Not bad, not bad at all but as Adam and Toicus already stated it needs some support - at least at the supports the way Toicus showed. It shouldn't span too much, too, wood is not steel and sensitive to tensions.

Stone supports would be nice and you should think about a (wooden or stone) pillar.

Pat

Great pics of the rails Bernhard & Paul just perfect!!!  I would show my rail stuff but its a major weakness to what Ive seen here lately...  What I think about Matt's pic its supposed to be weight suspension and there are still some old time bridges like that around, Usaly found nowadays on defunct rail lines...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Alfred.Jones

Very nice pictures everyone :thumbsup:

@Paroch, I really like how the GLR station is adjacent to the rail station. Very nice &apls

Sim City 4 Devotion