• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Hi, I just stumbled over this picture .. can you tell me wheere did iyou get these little road bridge crossing the sunken railway??? For whatever I tried (having NAM, etc.) I always end up with that "normal" road bridge puzzle pieces. ..

thanks a lot!

Quote from: bwatterud on March 25, 2007, 09:18:26 PM
Nice threestooges.  Here are some pics from my old region. 

A sunken rail corridor (yes, I know there's a UDI icon, don't say anything %bur2$)

I think this is the only place so far that I've actually used GLR (though I'm starting a new region that will probably us it a lot).  And it comes out on the other side of a canal as an Elevated section, so it isn't really GLR at all.   ::)
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

CasperVg

Highsbury Earley is somewhat railway-addicted!

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

awesome pics casper, just a tad worried about that canal on the other side of that road over the tunnels... where do the drains go? :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

meinhosen

Caspervg, that is a beautiful mess of railroads.

----

If someone would be so kind, this is the first pic I've posted in 2 years on SC4D, and if it doesn't show up would you give me a PM... thanks!

For the record, I used a freight train generator to get one of these to appear.

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

buddybud

Quote from: Rady on February 23, 2009, 12:50:48 AM
Hi, I just stumbled over this picture .. can you tell me wheere did iyou get these little road bridge crossing the sunken railway??? For whatever I tried (having NAM, etc.) I always end up with that "normal" road bridge puzzle pieces. ..

thanks a lot!

go to simtropolis and do a search for buddybud. They are props found in the rail bridge download. They are just overhanging props and not part of the nam.....

Cheers

sim-al2

meinhosen: There appears to be two conflicting obstructions on your rails... ...moving towards each other... ::)

caspervg: That's not an addiction, that's full out obsession! ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Pat

LOL Simal you said it best about casper hehehe and I cant agree more lol...

OMG Chris its soo great to see you back at it again!!! WOOOHOOO!!! YAY!!!!!  BTW watch out for that train cruuuuuuunch....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Andreas

Jack, those images are linked to your HD, we can't see them. You have to upload them somewhere first.
Andreas

airjack_dude

Hi all, I'm pretty new here. Some amazing work by everyone  &apls Can't believe I've been missing out so far.
Well here are some of my snapshots (thanks for the pointer Andreas)

Cheers!!!

Jack

FrankU

Nice work Jack!

And then: I see it was your second post, so I wish you, on behalf of the community, a warm welcome on SC4D!
And please, show us more if you like....

leonholm

Wow! Beautiful pictures everyone got. They all give me much needed inspiration for my future developments  :)
Bought the game a couple of years ago but was to young to really put any real effort into my cities and I created mostly big chunks of zones and hoped for the best. But now I installed it again a week ago and find it very enjoyable to sit down for an hour or so just fine tuning a particular area of my much smaller and more personal cities.
Well enough with that. Here is a small scene a enjoyed making and I just love watching the morning freight trains passing through here. Nothing special really but I thought I would share it and maybe get some pointers on how to improve my work  :)

LH Holm

Albus of Garaway

Leonholm: I. Love. That. Picture! It's so smooth! Everything has a place in it, and I can tell that you must be a perfectionist. The green water is a nice twist from the classic blue shade so many people use, and it gives a very different feeling and vibe to the image. I always think of SC4 as a canvas, and you need to paint or gorgeous picture of whatever is on your mind, and I can tell that this is what you did here. The blue and green tones in the image really give off a certain sense. I think using a culvert is much more realistic than putting a bridge over that small stream. I doubt whoever built the rails would've put money into such a tiny bridge.

Great image, and I hope to see more from you!

FrankU

I agree with Albus. It's a very thought through and detailed image.
It has hardly any reference to the original pupose of the game, but who cares about that! ;D

And welcome to our community. I am sure you will be an inspiration to a lot of us.
Or is this the only reasonable image you can show us....? $%Grinno$%

airjack_dude

Quote from: FrankU on March 02, 2009, 04:18:36 AM
Nice work Jack!

And then: I see it was your second post, so I wish you, on behalf of the community, a warm welcome on SC4D!
And please, show us more if you like....

Thanks for the warm welcome FrankU. I'll try and post some more pics very soon.

leonholm: That picture is so realistic. Looking at it makes me want more of such stuff. I'm with Franku and  Albus of Garaway... Perhaps you can post a few more  ;D

Cheers!

Jack

nayzababa

I want  to create a train.

How I do ?

What program use.

airjack_dude

I also have a question  ;D

I've installed the 'No Rail Dirt' Mod but I still get rail dirt underneath the tracks. Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks!

Jack

Andy2k

My City: Sinburg
Last Update: Here

Bananasplit21

There are some really nice pics  &apls

I show some of my collection :

Nexis4Jersey

OMG , That's incredible , &apls do i smell a MD   &idea coming along in the near future ()what() I like the tree color and the various trains going through there !

Une_ame

Bananasplit21, all your pics are superb.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !