• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carkid1998

There could be a one way road underpass(FLUPs in the NAM)
Sendona... Coming soon!

Maxim1110

Well the point is that there are 2 roads required, and I'd rather have the avenue safe and the one way road not, than have neither of them safe. And I couldn't have built an underpass for the one way road since I needed the connection to those industrial lots;)

Nardo69

Hmm - I would like to see the surroundings of that level crossing & underpass to see if there is really no other possibility ...  ;)

But please convert your pictures to JPGs, these PNGs are just too huge!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Terring7

Maxim1110 the second image with the train between the trees is fantastic &apls &apls :)

Not something impressive, just a test with the S.T.R.. We have loops for the tram...

... so how about loops for heavy rails? ;)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Amtrak7

Is that a mod or is it just pieces put together?

j-dub

Its just pieces together, because I can do that. However, to save space (but by costing realism) it is possible with careful puzzle piece manipulation to allow that GLR loop end piece to be used at the end of a heavy rail for the train to turn around on the line instead. I actually have done this. You take a road, draw it 2 tiles where you want your heavy rail line to end, put a rail under road piece on the end of the road, bulldoze just the original road next to it, there will be a heavy rail instead, that will now allow you to place the GLR loop end next to the end of the heavy rail.

Rady

Quote from: Andy2k on March 14, 2009, 04:25:46 PM

hi Andy2k,

I used the same rail station as you did in this pic but encountered a problem as soon after plasing it andsurrounding it with raods it showd the "no road access" sign. Cann you tell me how you managed to get road access?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Andy2k

Hy,

The Stairs by the Station are Transit Enabled. That's why I don´t have this Problem.
You need anything there are Transit Enabled to connect the Station with the Street.

greetings Andy
My City: Sinburg
Last Update: Here

Nardo69

In such cases I use the green pedestrian plaza from the Nam, too, to allow access to the station. The stairs may be TE but they are lots like the station itself, and sims usually wander between two network pieces and between and networks pieces and lots but not between two lots.

wes.janson

I T21'd some of Mas71s stairs on a pedmall for situations like that. Of course, I've changed the texture of quite a few of the pedmalls to match the medium wealth maxis texture.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

jonoboo

Here is one of my stations on my coastal branch line that I am currently working on.

Click to see in full resolution (1680x1050).
Meh!

meinhosen

I really like those storage tracks... reminds me a lot of part of a model RR I built when I was younger.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Rady

Quote from: Nardo69 on July 07, 2009, 03:28:53 PM
In such cases I use the green pedestrian plaza from the Nam, too, to allow access to the station. The stairs may be TE but they are lots like the station itself, and sims usually wander between two network pieces and between and networks pieces and lots but not between two lots.

Thanks to all - station is up and running!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Nardo69

Last activities of mine had been more urban, more dense and a lot of ElTrain, elevated Railway and all kind of GLR. However I'm not satisfied, not much to show around.

These are some of the better:

One of bripizza's elevated station that serve all(!) kind of elevated traffic. They are one of my favourites at the moment. The GLR-in-Avenue station is kind of eye candy here as the bripizza station serves GLR-in-Avenue, too!

Not directly railway themed but it contains at least some HSR track ... ::)
A first try for a representable plaza in front of a main station.

At first I used the 3-tile long first version of the SFBT historic tram station. However the updated is 2 tiles long so I used the Dentei version. There goes the symmetrie ...  :'(

A draft for a dense prefabric seddlement with a rather spatious traffic layout.

Hope you like what you see.

meinhosen

Quote from: Nardo69 on July 20, 2009, 02:53:56 PM

Indeed so.  You've managed to take elevated heavy rail and make it look pretty good.  Seeing that GLR almost makes me want to build a city big enough to need a tram system (it just doesn't look right when your biggest town is only 30k residents)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

djvandrake

Absolutely!  &apls  I think you've done an incredible job of integrating rail into your city.  The textures are great, and the layout very nice.  Bravo.

tag_one

QuoteHope you like what you see.

I'll always love your work  &apls

Terring7

Dedicated to Nardo69, train stations for both elevated and ground rails :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Luke09

Where can i found that nice elevated station from nardo69 and terring7?
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Nardo69

@meinhosen, djvandrake and tag_one: ...  &blush ... thanks  for the compliments ... &blush

@Terring7: Not only railway and elevated railway but also GLR, ElRail, ElRail-over-Road, Monoral, HSR and Bus ... quite a versatile thing, isn't it? :)

@Trio3D: That's a nice going over and under. I do have to commut thoughthat I haven't used these double-height-pieces by now as I recently I do enjoy the GLR with all its variations! :)

@Luke09: The station is from bripizza who also made some of the stations you can see in Trio3D's pictures. Just have a look a the Japanse Bat Gallery