• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

I have tested a swiss train for a future region with friends gifts ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Une_ame

Girafe, you've got pretty good friends ;).

Prop or MOD ??
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Andreas

Plop, unfortunately (or not), as you can see the shadow of the train. ;) Also, I don't think that Maxis designed the French version of the game with trains driving on the left, did they? Needless to say, it looks really great! :)
Andreas

firdausabdullah

Totally agree, it look stunning!  :thumbsup:

I think in Europe, only Britain drives on the left (driver sits on the right)... umm  &mmmpretty sure

-firdaus-

Andreas

Quote from: firdausabdullah on January 28, 2010, 02:46:21 AM
I think in Europe, only Britain drives on the left (driver sits on the right)... umm  &mmmpretty sure

That's true for cars, but I do know from experience that French trains also drive on the left. ;)
Andreas

Une_ame

QuoteFrench trains also drive on the left

Correct

mightygoose

so it is acceptable for us brits to use rail based locomotion in france, spiffing ;)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Kenworth

Hello People

after a long time I'd like to show you some pictures. At the moment I'm trying to adapt plunderer's mod to the SFBT catenaries

... and finally a RL winter picture from my working place

Kenny  :)

djvandrake

Looks good Kenny!  :thumbsup:

And fun RL pics, especially that last one.  :P

Une_ame

QuoteI'm trying to adapt plunderer's mod to the SFBT catenaries

Looks like a success to me &apls.

io_bg

Great, Kenny! &apls However, what about rescaling the catenaries? I think yours look a bit too tall &mmm
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

A very good mod kenworth

congratulations  &apls &apls &apls

like io bg maybe the catenaries are too tall
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

drx.94

Great work Girafe! Where did you get that amazing train?  :o

puresim

I don't think the catenaries are too tall, they're about the right height. Really nice!

And more RL photos from your work place too please ;D

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Euro rail mods are great, can i get more please?  :D

Girafe- My eye were affixed to the my monitor for 5 minutes looking at your train.....
Kenworth- Your caternaries look great but like some of the others said, I think they 'look' too tall.....But after looking at the RL nite pic they seem realistic.

BTW- Why do the German catenaries look like there meant for the regular rail set but the Swiss version are meant for the High Speed Rail line? Does any anyone notice this?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Nardo69

@Fresh Prince of SC4D: The "German" catenaries are made of steel. You'll find this type mostly on major RR lines that had been electrified between 1950 and 1990. The "Swiss" catenaries have a concrete pole. It's more modern because it's cheaper. And almost all High Spped Rail lines have concrete catenaries. ;)

Some may know this layout from the first Thematic Compeition in b/w. Here's another shot from that scene - this time in colour:

Nothing special.

Just a scene from my childhood created in Sc4.

Telegraph lines along railway lines are rare to see these days as well as semaphores. And except some rare nostalgic trains the giant fire dragons are gone, collecting dust or rusting untill they become what they were: red dust.  /wrrd%&

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Childhood's gone for good. Except in Sc4...  ;)

Have fun.

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

puresim

I share your sentiment Nardo. Here's another fire dragon leaving an engine shed:

calibanX

Nice trains guys. Here are a couple of images from the container terminal over at Monument Valley.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

k808j

Here is a maintenance and transit hub from my new city Victoria Falls.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg