• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonno

This is nothing special, but it is my first use of GLR, so I figured I'd show it off.  This neighbourhood turned out to be somewhat more ghetto than I was expecting, but i still like it.  Comments welcome.

Nardo69

@puresim: Nice shed. And I might guess qho made it ... ;)  :thumbsup:
BTW: What's that fire dragon and where did you found it if I may ask?

@jonno: yes, there are some comments:
  • Plop the GLR-in-Avenue pieces over an existing avenue (except intersecttions etc.). This way you'll get lambposts on the avenue.
  • Try not to place 2 tile wide stations in front of 1 tile wide or just opposite of 2 tile wide zones, as both grown sturctures as well as the stations are lots and Sims cannot travel from lot to lot. Instead zone 2+ wide lots with the Ctrl key in a way that each zoned lot has at least a 1 tile wide access to a transit netweork pieces. You can place stations at corners because sims will use all available obtions to enter / leave a lot.
  • Even though it is not connected to the GLR I wouldn't use a streetside mod with different colours for the different wealth. It just looks too ... wild .. colourful ...

kassarc16

A little OT, but does anyone know if there's an overhead wire mod for Tram-GLR-EL available somewhere?

puresim

Quote from: Nardo69 on February 06, 2010, 12:53:29 PM
@puresim: Nice shed. And I might guess qho made it ... ;)  :thumbsup:
BTW: What's that fire dragon and where did you found it if I may ask?

The dragon's from Pegasus' Rail Fleet here. They're all props, but still look great :thumbsup:

The shed is one of my WIP bats - didn't want to advertise it here but guess you saw my BAT thread. Would be great to see it in your MD one day ;D

drx.94

Great work puresim!
I love how the train goes thorugh that engine shed!  :thumbsup:

Kenworth

I won't change the size of the catenaries because otherwise my Regiorunner cars wouldn't fit under. In addition to this the scales in SC4 are quite inconsistent, too. ;)

Quote from: puresim on February 04, 2010, 02:49:14 PM

And more RL photos from your work place too please ;D

No problem ;)

Ride to Berlin/Seddin on a BR 139 (nostalgia).

and finally a old photo from my work place:

Kenny

Cali

pretty cool pics..thanks for sharing
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

djvandrake

Great pics!  Very interesting. Thanks.

puresim

Great photos Kenworth! I create rail sidings for my cities so your 'old photo' has given me a few ideas ;D

Edit: Thought I'd show you what I do in the lot editor -

Albus of Garaway

Thank you for showing us those pictures from your workplace, Kenworth! I love the beautiful snow! :)

Jason

BigSlark

Great photos, Kenny! For some reason, I thought Germany had eliminated all level road crossings, apparently that's not the case.

Peace,
Kevin

Kenworth

Quote from: puresim on February 13, 2010, 02:49:54 PM
Great photos Kenworth! I create rail sidings for my cities so your 'old photo' has given me a few ideas ;D

Hehe, you need more ideas? Click here :D

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on February 13, 2010, 04:24:18 PM
Thank you for showing us those pictures from your workplace, Kenworth! I love the beautiful snow! :)
Hehe, i like the snow, too :)

Quote from: BigSlark on February 13, 2010, 06:53:07 PM
Great photos, Kenny! For some reason, I thought Germany had eliminated all level road crossings, apparently that's not the case.

Not all level crossings have been eliminated in Germany, You'll find them especially on secondary railway lines. But the number of road crossing decreases, the problem is the different track layout. It is forbidden to build level road crossing of tracks with a limit speed over 160km/h (~100mph).

Kenny :)

solsystem

Great pics. puresim!

Here are some rail pics from Happytown:

Thomas

puresim

Very nice screenshots solsystem. Looks like a very happy town ;)

Une_ame

I love your pics SolSystem :thumbsup:!

Everything's nicy : the trains (Girafe ?), the metro (?), the gardens and even the cars (Buggati Veyron in the last pic ;)). But can you tell us the origins of your stations, the underrail flowers/garden and the large tower complex in the left top of your 1st pic ?
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

solsystem

@puresim: Thank you!

@Une_ame: Thanks!

The train is the german version in this pack: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1956

The rail station: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/staPlus/ensta.html

The elevated rail station: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16716 (new lot by T Wrecks, notice the dependencies)

The gardens are part of the BSC parks, especially http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1201 for the flowers under the rail

The tower complex: one of the greatest BAT ever: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22257

Thomas

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

mikeski

Terring7

Very dangerous crossing :o
I suggest building an avenue overpass so the trains will not crush any car.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.