• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

I always get excited when I see that station mikeski :thumbsup: and that str avenue crossing!

-Dave

firdausabdullah

not to mention the access to the track is too open  :o anyway, very nice picture. Probably in the future, your railway authority should invest in proper fencing of the tracks  "$Deal"$

Fir

jonno

That's actually pretty common around here.  I go through 5 of those crossings on my way to work in the morning.  None of the tracks are ever fenced in either.

Connor

What station is that in mikeski's picture? Looks great

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mikeski

Thanks for the compliments guys
Avenue crossings and unfenced railroads are actually common in my area, and there are rarely accidents on them.  However if there is a fence for the str I'd gladly go back and fix that area, the reason I haven't placed any fences is that all the ones I've found for download take up one block.  In my small town that's a lot of wasted space.

Conner, the station is in the lex.  Should be under transport rail.  I believe it's called Beverly Station, can't remember who made it though.  It's a very nice station and fits perfectly into that neighborhood, I think. 

Connor

Quote from: io_bg on February 26, 2010, 02:17:02 PM
Connor - click here ;)

Quote from: mikeski on February 26, 2010, 03:41:24 PM
Conner, the station is in the lex.  Should be under transport rail.  I believe it's called Beverly Station, can't remember who made it though.  It's a very nice station and fits perfectly into that neighborhood, I think. 

Thanks for the help  ;)

art128

A part of a mosaic that shows a GLR line though the CBD..

More in my MD.  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jackxu

&apls iSo great, guys! &apls
And here is something from my city. I am interested in W2W now, and I build a small area of W2W with a GLR line across it.
Here are two pics about it:

It's similar to Fighter_finyu's Christchurch, but also a little bit different, I think.
sain bai nu

Terring7

Lovely city + bright colors + great tram system = Fantastic job &apls &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

TJ1

Street running with rail and Glr pieces and rail traffic loves it. ;D

Meastro444

Quote from: jackxu on March 25, 2010, 06:13:15 AM
&apls iSo great, guys! &apls
And here is something from my city. I am interested in W2W now, and I build a small area of W2W with a GLR line across it.
Here are two pics about it:

It's similar to Fighter_finyu's Christchurch, but also a little bit different, I think.
\What GLR stations are you using?
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

TJ1

Nice work jackxu :thumbsup: And as for street running all you have to do is grab any NAM rail piece(not FARR or STR) plop it where ever and then drag rail one tile out from the one side stub that you'll use the glr in road, avenue etc.. then drag road over the tile next to the rail puzzle piece then buldoze the rail stub next to the rail road crossing then you will have no rail sub on that side of the puzzle piece then you can drag or plop any glr puzzle piece to the end of the rail puzzle piece that has no stub then you got it you then should have some thing like this.You can see where they connect.

or this,

zakuten

Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

FrankU

So this means that I can have heavy rail over my GLR?

choco

TJ1

Quote from: FrankU on April 01, 2010, 03:10:55 AM
So this means that I can have heavy rail over my GLR?
Quote from: choco on April 01, 2010, 04:14:38 AM
only in UDI, i believe....

Yes this does mean you can have rail over GLR,and it is UDI compatable and rail traffic thinks its regular rail so the trains go right over it.

Minatoku

Few pictures of Tokai railway system.

djvandrake

^^^ Very impressive!  A good mix of systems and stations.  &apls

k808j

One of the best pics I've seen in a while. Where did you get the railroad stations?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg