• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

Thanks, TJ1 ...
I understand Your pictures with MAXIS now ...
I like it and I like Your clever work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   

TJ1

wallasey

Great images everyone!

May I offer a snapshot of what a tram and stop on the Bolton Express Transit (BET) looks like?

Regards.

Une_ame

A lot of boxes and a lot of trains......   ()stsfd()

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Biriali

Bolton, eh? Then maybe that's the line to the pet shop?  :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/npjOSLCR2hE

Sorry to be off-topic. I simply couldn't help it  $%Grinno$%
Nemo sobrius saltaret

TJ1

Quote from: wallasey on July 29, 2010, 03:24:35 PM
Great images everyone!

May I offer a snapshot of what a tram and stop on the Bolton Express Transit (BET) looks like?

Regards.

I really like the way how that area looks. :) Keep up the good work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

TJ1

Quote from: Biriali on July 29, 2010, 03:53:09 PM
Bolton, eh? Then maybe that's the line to the pet shop?  :D
Sorry to be off-topic. I simply couldn't help it  $%Grinno$%

Biriali that is very funny :D :D :D &apls &apls &apls dead parrot

wallasey

Thanks for your comments guys!

Biriali: Funnily enough, it does serve the railway station...I reckon there could be a pet shop lingering in the streets of Bolton somewhere!

TJ1: I'll do my best!

CasperVg

Before...

After... (still needs development of course)

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

travismking

The most traveled rail line in my region (not quite this section, but its the same line). It connects all 3 of the four major urban areas of the rather large region im playing on (Naples) I play on medium cities and my 'tall' areas usually span like 3-4 tiles, this is the outskirts of one of the tall areas around the suburban area

Nardo69

@TJ1: Instead of widening the level crossing  >:( I would think about an overpath - click my sig to find out why!

@wallasey: nice! But instead of these trees between road and GLR I would place some Park&Ride there ;)

@UneAme: Nice train between the boxes! However everytime I see your french engine I think it's the German 151 ...  ::)

@casper: Can't help it - I prefer "before" ...  &Thk/(

Une_ame

QuoteHowever everytime I see your french engine I think it's the German 151 ... 

I wasn't aware about the DB-151. The green "BB Jacquemin" (BB 9200 in that case) made by Girafe is a really different engine even if, from a distance, they kinda look the same.

Here what I found (Wiki) :

DB 151                                            SNCF BB 9200 (BB 9300) (BB16000) Jacquemin
Total Prod. : 170 ex.                                 Total Prod. : 92 ex. (40 ex.) (62 ex.)
                                                             + 125 BB25000 + 40 BB25150 + 50 BB25200
Max Speed : 120 km/h                               Max Speed : 250 km/h (160 km/h) (240km/h)
1st year of production : 1972                      1st year of production : 1957 (1967) (1958)
Weight : 118 t                                          Weight : 82,8 t (84t) (90 t)

If the DB151 have been built for cargo train, the Jacquemin engines (named from their engineer) were produced for high speed trains. They were one of the most succesfull european design (with more than 370 ex. engines) and allow the SNCF to keep the world record (29 mars 1955, 331 km/h  :o) until the TGV in 1981.

DB151

BB 9200 Jacquemin with UIC C160 railcars

samerton

Here is the end of the rail bridge across part of the New New York river delta (yeah... New New York...lol)
Crossing is a Virgin Trains Pendolino, commonly found here in the UK.
It is a rainy day which is rare for the city.

Nardo69

@Une ame: If you would have chosen a pic of the 151 in the original green color of the 70ies/80ies from a distance you'd see that they do have a kind of similarity ...

OK, something new from me. Not from the latest update but a bridge to one of next ones and a teaser of what is to come some day from the SFBT:

As a child I saw setups like this as every day traffic IRL ...

Have fun!

Une_ame

Gare du Nord rail station under the tropical sun !!!  ()stsfd()

Light and eavy rail systems

Ciuu96

@ Une_ame

Very nice pics, looks very realistic! Are you using somekind of el-rail restyle mod there?
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Une_ame

Thank you Ciuu96  ;) ! All I use is the NAM and the walls available on the STEX/LEX.

The tram MOd is an old Wash. DC model.

Nexis4Jersey

Gray River Railway

A Bonus shot i took in January of an ALP 44 @ Hoboken Terminal