• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agathorn

Hello,

I was trying to build a railroad on a dyke, but when i use the SFBT rail catenaries togetter with one of the JPN walls of Mas'71 i came to a problem.
I can use those walls just between the catenaries, so there is always a gap.

How can i fix it.

Greetings,

Agathorn (Coen)

io_bg

Hey, Coen, you can use this mod. The catenaries will appear when you drag the rails ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JayStimson

Or you could simply make another lot using the Lot Editor. Open the lot with the stone base texture you're using and add the catenary prop. Don't forget to do a "save as" and change the name. You'll then have an additional lot in the menu.
Freedom is never free.

travismking

the terminus of 4 rail lines in a very busy commuter station.  It is also served by 5 subway lines in a rather dense region, Im thinking of relotting the actual station to make it fit in a little more.  Also, cant wait for mike to release the 4 and 8 story garages, the two story ones are nice, but dont portray the look that I want here. Also looking for a tollbooth for streets that look like a parking garage toll plaza... Any ideas?

Koekie01

Quote from: travismking on August 25, 2010, 09:29:05 AM
Also looking for a tollbooth for streets that look like a parking garage toll plaza... Any ideas?

This one maybe: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=4003

tag_one

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: mikeski on July 20, 2010, 02:14:02 PM
A redone part of one of my older cities.

Where did you get that loco?

mikeski

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on August 25, 2010, 04:06:31 PM
Where did you get that loco?
It's available at simtropolis, do a search for csx and it should be on the second page.

travismking

another station from me, this one in the same city but its slightly less busier,  but I did relot this one slightly and Im quite happy with how it looks :) obviously the area is not done yet, but the station is so i wanted to post it anyway :) the lots between the streets are part of some sidewalk extenders ive been working on. Anyone know of any flowerbed props that are not seasonal but have flowers year round? They look really bad without flowers :p

io_bg

Nice station, travismking. Is it available for download and where? ::)
I believe Simgoober has some non-seasonal flowerbed lots, however, they're smaller than the ones you've used in your lots.

Edit: thanks! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

travismking

these are SG planters, I may have missed them in the prop pack

anyway, the station is here, its a NOB station http://tokitoko.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Hiroshima-Station.zip

This is a direct link because I dont have the page that originally linked to it. It comes in two parts, the station part and then an extra platform part that acts as a park and all dependencies (a lot of them actually) are included in the zip. good thing, cuz i thought NOB took all his stuff down, but this one is still up :)

Une_ame

Nice relot Travismking ! I like the style of this one.

Be carefull to flatten the ground before using the rails, some bumps can been seen between the platforms :thumbsup:.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: mikeski on August 26, 2010, 10:26:26 AM
It's available at simtropolis, do a search for csx and it should be on the second page.

Can't find it , do u have a link?

Haljackey

Haven't posted in this thread in a bit. Here's some of my new creations.

GLR junction with a expressway and two stations.

A modified bullet train rail cloverleaf-like junction.

A mosaic of my largest, and craziest elevated rail junction. Designed in mind for southward expansion (of the north/south line).

(PNG image. Click Here if you have problems)

travismking

Ive finished the area around the station I posted a few days ago, Im not quite sure i like the yellow building in the foreground there, it may be getting bulldozed shortly

samerton

Haljackey's Bullet Train cloverleaf is great!
travismking: It looks great!

Une_ame

travismking, with such a great station, I imagine a lot of dense commercial buidings around and some high-value residential units.  ;)
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

travismking

yea im thinking that too, but its actually in an industrial area which I would have to completely rebuild, and atm theres no demand for commercial in this city, and I need the jobs the industries provide ;) Also traffic in the commercial area is becoming a huge problem, as the rail doesnt go through the CBD, but kind of around it, and the central station a few days back has subway as well, but it seems people dont really like to go out of there way to transfer to subway, instead they goto the closest station to the CBD and get a bus which is messing with traffic. im thinking of putting a new subway line out to this station since most of my traffic comes from this end of the region, and this way maybe they will actually transfer here. the city only has like 90k people, but is in a region of 1.4mil and theres a lot of regional traffic causing problems. This rail line here is dual (quadruple i guess) tracked, because there is like 35k people using it every day and I really hate anything thats not green on the traffic dataview :p

travismking

some more shots of some heavy rail running through a high class suburban area

and an overview of the town around the rail