• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khoianh94

@Swordmaster: That's awesome work with those railway loops!  :thumbsup:

@noahclem: Very nice!

After a long break off SC4 I recently started playing again, and as before, GLR came to the highest priority again. The grass texture from the GLR drag addition in NAM v30 looked quite annoying to me, so I changed them to match the W-§§ grass textures. Click for a full resolution view (1,8 MB).

noahclem

Great pic khoianh94  &apls  I really like the way your re-done grass texture turned out. Besides the system of rails and GLR the mix of blocks and W2Ws. I'd like your system even more if there were less of those sharp, 90 degree GLR turns though  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Could this be the return of Willy's Rail Adventures?

Click!

Something must be cooking. . .

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Ooohh, I'm excited. The master of rail is showing off some more stuff for us.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

MTT9

You can call me Matt

art128

Looks great Willy! Looking forward to the next rail adventure... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Beautiful picture  :o  I'm ready for another rail adventure  :thumbsup:

eggman121

Very nice everybody  :thumbsup:

Here is some of my experimentation with some flying junctions!

Enjoy

Stephen

spot

Swordmaster

Nice flyovers eggman.

Quote from: sunv123 on February 13, 2013, 07:22:50 PMThe master of rail is showing off some more stuff for us.

I could think of a few people more deserving of that title. . . but thanks anyway. Now, a different kind of rail adventure first. I found this among the rubble on my hard drive. From some time last year I think, in Phoenix, Arizona. If I'm correct this was my first dabbling with custom textures.

What are they up too in the middle of the desert?

Cheers
Willy

Dantes

The construction work is incredibly detailed.  :o The railway construction is very impressive! Incredibly good job!
You are a master of the railroad!  :thumbsup:

@eggman121: You seem in your city a massive waste problem to have.  &ops

threestooges

Very nice collection of progress pictures there Willy. I like the detailed steps of how the roadbed was prepared, and even the laying of the ties was included. I would've expected to see a rail-based crane for the laying of the track, but then, I suppose, with several flatbeds of rail it would be tough for it to reach all the way to the end. Nice work.
-Matt

rooker1

I have to agree....very interesting progress shots.  I never think of doing anything like that.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

WC_EEND

bump with something that is still very much WIP:

-Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

io_bg

It nonetheless looks great! Now if we only had L1 rail viaducts ::)

And Willy, that's impressive! :o
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

´br

I like to show you the GLR track of my first city after two years of SC4 abstinence :)
Rallingen is a small city, which consists of the city of Rallingen itself and the village Landorf. The core of the local mass transit is the tram network consisting of two lines. I want to present you one of them, the line from Landorf to Rallingen-Nordstadt (north town).

Our journey begins at Landorf station. The line will be continued to the neighbour city one time, but at the moment the line ends/begins in Landorf:

Landorf is surrounded by farms and forest.

The tram now heads to the city of Rallingen, passing the mentioned forest and farms.

The first station in the city limits of Rallingen.

Driving through the Südstadt (south town) the tram passes the railway track.

Rotated picture, the tram passed the railway track near the left top corner. We're now in central Rallingen, in the south you can already see the railway station of Rallingen.

The railway station with the main tram station. The second tram line continues to the east (the unfinished part), our tram line will continue to the north.

The next stop is at the old church of Rallingen.

The tram continues through central Rallingen until the loop and end station in the Nordstadt (north town) shown in this last picture:

- Bene

RickD

Nice little tram line. I like how you used lots of different puzzle pieces.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Shroud

rivit

Two recent experiments in an otherwise vanilla SC4. Image is unedited.