• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Hello everyone and welcome to my first MD! Here I'll show you the region I've been working on for about half an year (if not even more).
So, to start, here are some pictures from the biggest city in the region (actually it is named after the city) - Pirgos. (you probably know the first two ones from the Picture competition)

The downtown

The main rail station

The second CBD

A big park

And a picture from the suburbs

That's all for today, I hope you liked it! More is coming soon!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Great start there Ioan, I really like the CBD. The downtown is very nice too, I like the use of the EL-rail, it looks like the loop in Chicago. The big park is great to and looks like a nice place to relax after a hard working day at the CBD and downtown's office. Suburbs are nice to (again xD), the  trams fit very well in. And I see that you loted some thing there, looks really great, I especially like the central station lot and the difference between the modern glasses roof building and the old pavement ground.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jimbo_jj

Wow! That first pic is incredible! Did it win in the picture competition? You really have some nice looking cbd's there, too. It all looks great so far. :thumbsup:
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

Nexis4Jersey

Wow impressive start , i like your residential areas & beach &apls

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Battlecat

Excellent start!  Nice job on both the downtown area and the suburbs.  Thats a really nice park as well. 

tankmank

Looks very nice but in my opinion there is too much maxis

kwakelaar

Nice looking city, and some interesting photoshopping? for your images. And your time has been well spent.

Fabian93

Great start to your new MD, io_bg  :thumbsup:
The downtown looks fabulous and I absolutely love your Hall of Fame picture  &apls
Keep it up! 

Fabian  ;)

Tomas Neto

Wooww!!! Really fantastic start!!!  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Replies

art128 - Thanks, my friend! (although I didn't understand the last sentence though "the difference between the modern glasses roof building and the old pavement ground" :D)
jimbo_jj - Thank you, I tried my luck with it in the picture competition and I won 2 rounds.
Nexis4Jersey - Thanks, I'm glad you like them :)
Leodido - Thanks!
Battlecat - Thanks to you too!
tankmank - Well, sometimes lots of Maxis buildings grow, I'll do what I can to avoid repetition.
kwakelaar - Only pics 1, 2 and 4 are photoshopped - I've added only blur and "sun reflection" if I can call it this way ;)
Fabian93 - Thanks!
Tomas Neto - Thank you!

Update 2

Let's start with a mosaic of the downtown

Another mosaic with an industrial area between a rail interchange and a highway

Rush hour

Suburbs

What about some night pics? :P

That's all for now, expect another update in a few days :)

art128

Hi Ioan,
By the difference between the modern glasses roof building and the old pavement ground I mean that I like how you managed to make a glassed roof building (the train station) going very well with the paved ground.  :P
That new update is very nice, these two mosaics are really wonderful. The tramway lines and the EL-Rail lines fit very well in here with the rest of the city. The rail interchange looks nicely done like, same as the suburbs and the industrial area. the thing I must liked in this update are the night shoots, it makes your CBD looking even better because of the choice of towers. The last pic i great, I would like to see it at sunrise !
Looking forward to more !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

danielcote

Very beautiful city! I like the mixed archetecture and the elavated rail system is a real bonus.

Battlecat

Great one!  Those mosaics are quite nice.  I like the railway layout you've got there. 

Tomas Neto

Wow, fantastic pics of the downtown!!! Amazing work!!!  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Replies

art128 - Thanks for clearing that up! I'm sorry but you won't see that pic at sunrise in this update, probably in the next :P
danielcote - Thank you!
Battlecat - Thanks! I like it too $%Grinno$%
Tomas Neto - Thanks to you too!

Update 3

This time we go west of the city of Pirgos to the rural part of the region.
First I'll start with a mosaic of a rail yard. You might have already seen it in the Show us your railroads thread. Click on the thumbnail for full resolution.

The intersection from the mosaic

A small lake (I like how it turned out ;D)

The same lake but from different view

An industrial area with a rail station

A small town...

... and the interchange next to it

Now a bigger lake

And an overview of a small village

That's all for now, hope you like it! And don't forget to write a reply if you have any suggestions, tips or if you just want to comment the update :P

Glowbal

I like it! Very nice!

btw, I must say, I love your downtown.

art128

Great work Ioan, I like the mosaic of the railyard, also as the interchange. The little lake looks quite good too, I really like how you managed it, and yes it turned out well  :P . The industrial area is one of the best I ever seen, all the things are quite thought, the railway, the layout of it and the building used. The old town is nice, I like it very much, the industries aren't so close to habitation, but not to far too, great work.
BTW, I see there's mainly freight rail lines, but are there passengers rail lines too ?
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Tomas Neto

Beautiful rural area, very detailed well!!! Great job my friend!!!  :thumbsup: