• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Great looking city!  You've got a great looking waterfront and excellent use of the various curves to fill in the gaps of your city! 

As for sidewalk mods, my personal preference is for mods that provide a consistent style across all wealth levels.  I find the shift in sidewalk textures quite jarring.  I'm particularly fond of the Sandstone Style as a result since it applies the same textures throughout the city.  There are a lot of options though, Sithlrd98 has done a lot of work with them in his mod thread here.  In particular he's worked with texturing the wide radius curves, although the catch with his mods is they aren't wealth dependent which means the textures show up in rural areas as well. 

Anyhow, good luck with your decision, I look forward to seeing what you choose!

Tomas Neto

Fantastic city, very nice update!!!  :thumbsup:

bat

Update 6 is really good! Nice work on it!
Looking forward to update seven... ;) ;)

canyonjumper

Replies

BuildingUp: Thanks!

wwvictory: Thank you!

djvandrake: Thank you!

976: Thanks!

Battlecat: Thank you! I do use the curves alot. I was looking for a mod that wasn't wealth dependent, so I think SandStone Style is the one for me. And you can see what the next update is today!

Tomas (Tomas Neto): Thank you!

bat: Thank you! Update 7 isn't quite here yet :).

Teaser 4

I was working on a new rural region, and these are two screen shots from Chilliwack, a rural community. I implemented the RHW into this town, and it fits better than the Maxis ones, so I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. And now, when look at them, I realize I forgot to turn the grid off :D

T4.01
Some farmland around Exit 34, the subject of Update 7.

T4.02
Exit 36 by the townsite.

Be back with more later!

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Battlecat

Looking good.  While maxis highways have their place, the "Real Highway" mod is getting better and better with every update.  I'm also glad to see you're keeping the rural character of the Chilliwack area.  Nice approach to the raised highway interchanges there, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this area!

FleshaR34

Wow! I really like the RHW, especially in the first pic. There must be alot of trucks using it. Nice interchanges too, Exit 34 looks interesting.

Tomas Neto

Wow!!! Awesome rural area my friend!!! Really great!!!  &apls

Nanami

mightygoose

nice work there friend, just remember to turn the grid off.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kwakelaar

Nice update with the highway and the farmlands

canyonjumper

Replies

Battlecat: Thank you! I pass through Chilliwack every time I leave for Christmas, so I still have images (and smells) in my head.
FleshaR34: Thank you!
Tomas (Tomas Neto): Thanks alot!
976: Thanks! That is Jeronij's Modern Concrete Walls.
mightygoose: Thanks! I usually do have the grid off, I was tired when I took the pic :D
kwakelaar: Thank you!
Update 7

Today's update focuses on the addition of a median to Exit 34.

Before the improvement project, there was no median between the lanes.

The frontage road beside the highway is moved over.

Retaining walls are removed, and original frontage road demolished.

Grading begins on the new lane.

The new lane is built.

The overpass is built.

The old lane is demolished, along with the old overpass.

An overview of the exit, beautifications to be finished at a later date.

And now for some shots around the area. The residential area.

The commercial area.

An overview of the Chilliwack town site.

And some farms for your eyes to enjoy!

And Exit 39 on the outskirts of the farms.

And a mosaic of Chilliwack Regional Campground to finish things off.

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed the latest update of Cascadia!

-Jordan :thumbsup:

puresim

Very inspiring MD, and I really like your latest rural update! Looking forward to future updates :)

MattyFo

VERY NICE &apls 

I am also working on a rural area but am having some issues.  One being that I can't get any of my custom farmlands to grow.  I know one is by SimGoober, not sure about the other tho.  What can I do????? note i do not have the CAM installed and i know thats why the other won't grow, do SG's need CAM aswell? 

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

BuildingUp

Lovely update! I love the farmlands, very realistic!  &apls

djvandrake

Vrey nice update.  :thumbsup:  Is that red tipped windmill functional or just eye candy?

Cyclone1001

Very nice work on the overpass/ exit area, I think you should do that on all of your highways.

bat

Fantastic work on that highway and on the rural parts around... :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Oh yeah!!! Awesome update!!! Fantastic rural area, and suburbs too!!! Great work my friend!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Battlecat

Very nice update!  Great batch of farming all around here!  The urban part of Chilliwack also looks quite nice indeed! 

I like that industrial site in 7.13, where did you pick it up?

canyonjumper

Teaser 5

T5.01
Welcome to Hixon, (pop. 367)! I'm sure Battlecat recognizes the name, along with most BC residents :D. For those that don't, read this.

T5.02
And a teaser of what I'm planning to do in Hixon.

It obviously isn't ready yet, so that is the best shot I've got. Thanks Battlecat for that tutorial you posted in Adara a few updates back :thumbsup:.

I hope you are now waiting eagerly to see the full Hixon and Chilcotin River. I'm short on time, so replies will be done next time. Thanks!

-Jordan