• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

i see now burgs bc it makes me think if there will be a RHW-6 and a RHW-8 wouldnt we just need a transition piece such as a RHW-4 > RHW-6 transition piece and a RHW-6 > RHW-8 transition piece?
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

urban

Hey

I installed the RHW after installing the new NAM but the ANT network does not show up in any menu  ()what()

can someone help me??? please

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Tarkus

urban:  It sounds like you didn't get the ANT installed when you installed the NAM.  Try uninstalling and re-installing everything, and make sure you select the ANT Plugin when you re-install the NAM. 

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

ardecila

Umm..  Tarkus, I have a couple questions.  First of all, is there a private thread here for contributors?  I'd like to be able to discuss some technical aspects of a project I'm working on.

Second...  there were two new roads that got me excited a few months ago.  One was a 4-lane road that fit onto one tile, by removing the sidewalks.  The other was a wider one-way road (I think that also fit onto one tile).  Who was making these, and are they still "in the works", so to speak?

Tarkus

ardecila:  Glad to see you over here!  To answer your first question, see the PM I sent you.

As far as the second question goes, Shadow Assassin had done the 4-lane road awhile ago.  We had talked about doing a puzzle drag implementation on it.  I don't know if he's still working on it or not.  As far as the wider one-ways, that was something jplumbley and mikeseith were working on, and I've done some technical advising as well.  They have a thread on it here; it's still slowly progressing.

Hope that answers your questions!

-Alex (Tarkus)

urban

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on May 27, 2007, 08:25:46 PM

And the RHW-8C (I realize I screwed something up with the textures--that will be fixed):

Hey Tarkus, pass over to me a copy of the RHW-6C & RHW-8C.  You have the e-mail address. ;)  I have an idea for a Puzzle piece that could start them out.  For instance, I'm thinking of making a puzzle piece that starts out as a RHW-4, then it gains a left lane and also gains a lane from the right from an entrance ramp for the RHW-8C. ;)  For the RHW-6C, just the left lane addition. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

ouu that sounds interesting rick good luck with starter piece....the entrance ramp starter piece, could that mean the beginning of an auxiliary lane i mentioned earlier in the thread?
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ryan B.

Filasimo:  I don't see why that couldn't be an option.

Filasimo

if im not mistaken Alex mentioned that its possible so lookin forward to that
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Filasimo on June 17, 2007, 05:06:43 PM
ouu that sounds interesting rick good luck with starter piece....the entrance ramp starter piece, could that mean the beginning of an auxiliary lane i mentioned earlier in the thread?

I'll look into doing it somewhat like that.  I don't think that should be that hard to do. ;)

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

I realize this thread's been a little quiet on the development front.  Have a few things in the works which I don't have ready to show yet, and RL will be beating up on me a good deal here soon.

At any rate, I do have something developed here--and available to download (attached to this post). ;) 

Edit as of 3/27/2008:  Attachment has been removed, as it is outdated and will not work with RHW v20 or later, as well as HSR v2 by Warrior.

For those of you using the High Speed Rail Project (HSRP) mod by 3ddz and Murakumon (which replaces the Monorail network and can be downloaded here-Link Removed on 3/27/2008),  I have worked up a cosmetic patch, which prevents it from reverting to the old Monorail models when you drag it over an RHW (or ANT).  Just place the zz-RHW_HSRP_Patch.dat file in your Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod directory.

Enjoy!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

w000t!! 1 Ring rules the....oops what am i saying?!? good job in releasing that out Alex!  &apls
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

Here's something that I just made this morning.  This could be the default RHW-4 to RHW-8C Puzzle piece if Tarkus wants it to be.  Spent about 3-4 hours making this playing around with a few different settings in PSP7.

So, how do you guys like it?  It's going to be a 3x9 Puzzle Piece Starter.  Tarkus, try to hit me up later today on MSN and I'll pass on over the PNG format so we can see if we somehow can get it into SC4 because I've never done anything like that since I'm only a grapics kind of guy. ;)

Filasimo

awesome puzzle piece design rickmastfan, if u also want some inspiration and an idea how the RHW-4 to RHW-6C should look like, heres a link to a pic of how it executes and starts in an interstate where i live close to: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hermitage,tn&ie=UTF8&ll=36.173998,-86.49011&spn=0.002884,0.005021&t=k&z=18&om=1 later on the interstate forms a 4th lane each side
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

BigSlark

Rickmastfan,

Great puzzle piece! I'm really excited about RHW-6 and RHW-8, and thanks for contributing. I know Alex really needs your texturing skills!

However, there are two changes that would make it excellent:

1. extend the dotted white lines all the way to the yellow shoulder line, as well as removing the reflectors and replacing them with the dotted white lines.

2. Remove the yellow hash marks. They don't serve any purpose as drivers should be following the other markings and paid attention to the signs warning "Two Left Lanes End-1/2 Mile," etc. It would look much more realistic if there was blank pavement after the lanes begin to merge.

However, every state interprets the Federal Highway Administration guidelines differently. Until 2004, Mississippi didn't pay very close attention to their recommendations, however, new roads and repaving projects since then follow FHWA guidelines to the T. Alabama doesn't follow them closely at all, and they often get creative with their striping. For example, the end of the 6 lane on I-20/59 near Vance, AL (between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa) the far left lane runs out and it leaves and unmarked space about 400 feet long to merge! Louisiana does a decent job from what I can tell, Like Mississippi, the LADOTD has gotten better about striping in recent years.

If you have any questions let me know and I hope I've been helpful.

Cheers,
Kevin
Your local DOT Representative

nwelsh

Thank you Tarkus for the High Speed Rail Plugin. :thumbsup:
nwelsh

rickmastfan67

Quote from: BigSlark on June 23, 2007, 06:57:51 AM
Rickmastfan,

Great puzzle piece! I'm really excited about RHW-6 and RHW-8, and thanks for contributing. I know Alex really needs your texturing skills!

However, there are two changes that would make it excellent:

1. extend the dotted white lines all the way to the yellow shoulder line, as well as removing the reflectors and replacing them with the dotted white lines.

Ok, I'll do that.  Should have an updated image posted above in about 10-15 minutes.

Quote from: BigSlark on June 23, 2007, 06:57:51 AM
2. Remove the yellow hash marks. They don't serve any purpose as drivers should be following the other markings and paid attention to the signs warning "Two Left Lanes End-1/2 Mile," etc. It would look much more realistic if there was blank pavement after the lanes begin to merge.

I think I'm going to keep it the way I have it.  Mainly because I modded this after a real-life highway that I've travel on several times.  It's I-77 in NC/SC.  The lanes that are going from 2 to 4 are based off the segment of I-77 SB just North of Charlotte, NC just South of Exit #23 I think.  The lanes going from 4 to 2 are based of I-77 SB just South of Rock Hill, SC near Exit 73 or 75.  Can't remember which one at this time without pulling up a Sat image of the area in Google.  However, here's a picture that I took from the car showing the Yellow striping in the left lanes as they end.  That's why I'm keeping it that way. ;)

EDIT: The puzzle piece 4 posts above has been updated.  How does it look now?

rickmastfan67

Here's another new starter piece.  It's the RHW-4 to RHW-6C starter piece.

Next up, a RHW-6C to RHW-8C.  Then some other versions that use exit ramps. ;)

thundercrack83

Brilliant work, rickmastfan67! Those look fantastic! Keep it up!