• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: nycsc4 on January 04, 2008, 07:59:27 PM
does anybody know where i can get those underpasses?

I've asked three times, and finally someone gave me a hint!  ;D

And after an hour of searching through many pages of development, I've found it, woohoo!

http://www.savefile.com/files/78128

or page 25 midway thru: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=64741&STARTPAGE=25

There ya go, and it looks like I just found a treasure trove, I feel like its Christmas again  :D

Pieces are 6m deep btw.....
~ NAM Team Member

BigSlark

Does anyone know how to dig a hole six meters deep?  %confuso

Filasimo

apparently kevin careful terraforming is all you can do...unless you know how to edit smoncrie's holedigging lots  :'(
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Kitsune

Quote from: BigSlark on January 04, 2008, 08:54:10 PM

My understanding is this: There are two sets, one which go underground automatically, and another that comes out flush to the ground - those need to be 6m difference apparently, the first one I mentioned doesnt need any terrian modification. And, experiment - use the rail tunnel digger and see how it looks .as that one is 8m.
~ NAM Team Member

Danthe

And my idea on big highway interchanges. I have used a new 90 alley's curves from NAM JAN 2008. Shows there will not be difference with Shadow Assasin's textures.

Filasimo

hey danthe,
thats a pretty cool interchange you got there! :thumbsup: ya know you could have also used the gentle RHW-4 dual curves as well  :D but anywho great interchange!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

ardecila

Quote from: Filasimo on January 04, 2008, 09:01:01 PM
apparently kevin careful terraforming is all you can do...unless you know how to edit smoncrie's holedigging lots  :'(

Use the "TerrainQuery on" cheat to find the exact heights of your terrain.  Then simply lower it precisely 6 clicks with the lower tool, and use street 1x1s to expand the lowered section.

Use TerrainQuery again to check the height difference.  If it equals 6m, you're in business.

Danthe

Quote from: Filasimo on January 05, 2008, 02:01:57 AM
ya know you could have also used the gentle RHW-4 dual curves as well 

But RHW-4 dual curve is 45 only, and whole curve is not even. Shows it RHW-2 curves, connection is visible.

kbieniu7

Very good idea to use this curves with RHW.
I didn't use RHW anytime but when i saw Shadow Assassin's textures i think will star  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Ennedi

Quote from: BigSlark on January 04, 2008, 08:54:10 PM

The best advice is

Quote from: ardecila on January 05, 2008, 02:06:29 AM
Use the "TerrainQuery on" cheat to find the exact heights of your terrain.  Then simply lower it precisely 6 clicks with the lower tool, and use street 1x1s to expand the lowered section.

Use TerrainQuery again to check the height difference.  If it equals 6m, you're in business.

If you want to know how to raise/lower only these tiles which you want to move, look at this tutorial. If you will set the Mayor Mode raising/lowering tool at the smallest size and strength (Shift 1, Shift F1), you will be able to do it very precisely. You can change the terrain height by 0,5 m without any problem.
After lowering the area you want, level it using street/road tiles, then check the height as ardecila says. If you haven't exactly 6 m of difference, make further regulation.

Edit: Very good intersection Danthe! You showed how to build such network, you know very good how important is terraforming in this case  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Haljackey

Well, I just wanted to voice my appreciation for all the RHW and NAM Team members that worked so hard to bring us this new release!  Excellent job everyone, I am looking forward to use it myself in the coming days.

I wonder how many possibilities for the MIS are possible...

Best,
-Haljackey

freedo50

Hey people, just a quick tip about making 6m holes or embankments, think about combining several hole digger lots. I think you have to raise the ground twice with the lifter piece and then sink it twice with the 12m hole piece ;)

Fred

thundercrack83

That's an impressive interchange there, Danthe! And you're right, with the textures that SA made, the transition with probably be unnoticeable!

Mr_Pooter

W00t! I've solved the problem with the NAM on my computer that was causing me to have 2 roundabout and ANT buttons, and to not be able to use RHW. I went to uninstall the RHW and NAM, and that's when I realized that I had moved the original NAM folder into a subfolder. So, when I installed the update, it created it's own NAM folder (in my plugins folder, of course). It was like having two NAMs, which explains the 2 roundabout and ANT network buttons. As for the RHW, I should be able to install that without any issues now.

ma360

Is a RHW tunnel or a bridge can be create?
Also, is a eleveted RHW can be make. We can do it whit road, avenue, one-way road. Why not whit RHW

Andreas

Quote from: ma360 on January 06, 2008, 05:04:15 AM
Is a RHW tunnel or a bridge can be create?

As far as we know, this is not possible.

QuoteAlso, is a eleveted RHW can be make. We can do it whit road, avenue, one-way road. Why not whit RHW

I guess that should be possible - probably it might find its way into the next version.
Andreas

pvarcoe

Excellent work on the version guys. I have been using it for a few days with very good results.

Can the RHW 4 lane connect properly between cities or should we use a avenue piece to exit and enter to the next city?

Am I correct in thinking that we cannot zone directly next to the RHW, the no connected to road zot appears?

Thanks for the great update!

Andreas

Quote from: pvarcoe on January 06, 2008, 08:19:17 AM
Am I correct in thinking that we cannot zone directly next to the RHW, the no connected to road zot appears?

This is correct. The RHW is based on the ANT network, which is treated the same way as the in-game highways by the game (not allowing any road access).
Andreas

dedgren

So, and I apologize for simply asking as opposed to firing the game up and looking for myself, but I just got up, is it correct to say that the RHW cannot cross game water and cannot cross over other transpo networks (or itself) on puzzle piece bridges.  The latter makes sense, the former...?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Andreas

Yes, there are no RHW (water) bridges, but you can build a road/oneway road/avenue bridge and connect the RHW with it.
Andreas