• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godjcjk12

Great to have you back. Will their be a RHW 12-C included?

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSA: The RHW-6 and -8 look fantastic! And don't worry about the cat's eyes--just rotate the tile and they'll be right!

Actually, all that needs to be done is the line markings have to be flipped vertically. It only takes me a second in Photoshop.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

The MIS returns . . .

. . . and it's now draggable.  Well, the RULs still have a long way to go, but it's a start . . .

And another thing I managed to make draggable awhile ago which some of you may be interested in.  These screenshots are from back in March, actually, and the result of the first puzzle drag starter I ever made.  This was a very early proof of concept of it (it'll be shifted 15m higher in the final version). 

Yes, that's a double-decker.   ;)

To respond to a few comments:

Shadow Assassin:  Those textures look absolutely brilliant as always! 

Kevin (BigSlark):  Thanks for wishing me luck.  I'll need it. :D  I've still got quite a bit to do on it, but hopefully these development screenies hit the spot a little.  And I do dream about the MIS . . . mainly, getting it done, so you guys can finally play with it. :) 

Haljackey:  Thanks for the compliments, and the feedback on the RHW Compact versions and the transitions.  I've been thinking through a few different scenarios.  I'm strongly leaning toward doing a complete redesign of the Maxis Highways to make them fit better with the RHW aesthetic.  I've also toyed with the idea of redesigning the RHW-6 a bit by using a T21-initiated overhang for the shoulders, which won't require redoing any of the transition textures rickmastfan67 has supplied me with, but would allow the RHW-6 to fit on a smaller footprint (2 tiles) without diminishing anything with the textures.  The overhang shoulder could also be eliminated/built on by the user without any additional modding.  The current setup with the RHW-6, the third tile with the "C" version, as well as the two extra tiles on the "S" version, contain nothing but shoulders, and have no transit function at all.  This could potentially free some stuff up as well.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

mightygoose: The way Maxis set up diagonals is indeed a pain with regards to scaling and whatnot, and thanks for the interesting suggestion on dealing with it.  That's something I've considered with some of the TLA stuff.  I've managed to find a way to cover more of the diagonals with usable road surface but still managing to get them to line up with some of the TLR-3 textures I've worked up (which I hope to be able to show here soon), which solves some of the problem.  The diagonals are definitely going to be interesting regardless, though . . .  :D

Dustin (thundercrack83):  Thanks!  Glad to be back!  Hope these developments were interesting enough, and I've got some further stuff in the works which may be of interest as well. 

godjcjk12:  Thanks for the welcome back!  As far as an RHW-12, jplumbley and I decided awhile ago that we're going to stop once we hit the RHW-10.  ;)

-Alex

Ennedi

@Tarkus,

These RHW exits are very important. They are the first highway exits wchich don't look ugly.
Maybe it would be good to make also the second version of them, turning right/left by 45o?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Filasimo

i also agree with ennedi and also a gentle MIS curve piece would be crucial specially when u make certain avenue junctions
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

Indeed. It looks very good, Tarkus. I'll get back to you regarding the models, see how I can do them.

I'll be working on a cosmetic mod for all the elevated road pieces so they at least look attractive. Right now, they look fat and ugly. :P All that's needed is some extensive plastic surgery...
New Horizons Productions

BigSlark

Alex,

I just drooled on my keyboard. Thankfully has proved to be relatively liquid proof over the years.

Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us all posted.

Chees,
Kevin

mightygoose

hey tarkus if you want some support props for the type 21 exemplars just give me a shout via PM or MSN. anyway should have some more bits for showing later.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Outstanding work, there, Alex! Both the exit ramps and the double-decker RHW are absolutely indescribable! I can't wait to see more progress!

Pat

WoW Alex this is looking wonderfullllllllllllllll omg its sweet....   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HabLeUrG

may I suggest using this RHW texture ive made  ;)

thanks!

i've based this from I-40 in US

mightygoose

hableurg we already have a new replacement RHW texture.... and for that one we have curves and stuff.... look back at rickmasterfans work
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Filasimo

not bad looking texture hableburg......
RE: mightygoose: it wouldnt hurt to have another texture variation just like how  SA made a asphalt texture. There are different types of highway layouts just so you know.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

cammo2003

I think RHW-10 is probably as much as is needed. If more lanes are needed one can always have multiple carriageways in each direction (ie a collector distributor system). One would only need to separate them by a tile. The few circumstances where motorways/freeways are wider are usually somewhat split anyhow.

On that point, some puzzle pieces to facilitate that sort of thing would be nice.

Oh, and some way to have centre off-ramps would be nice - even if it means merging two MIS off-ramps into a road.

Just ideas, you don't have to get them into this build or ever, but thought I may as well throw them out there.  :)

thundercrack83

HabLeUrG: That's another great looking texture you've made there! Great job!

Starmanw402007

Howdie Mayors, My name is Steven. I think that the wider avenue will solve my traffic problems. I'm just curious when will you guys have a new update?
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

cammo2003

The MIS is looking great, as is everything else. And thanks for making it draggable. That will save my sanity for sure (though I'm not sure about yours. :D All this work must be driving you near insane!). SA, those textures are AWESOME.

Thanks for making the section of the MIS that connects to the RHW a smooth one. That's one thing that always bugged me about the Maxis standard exits. As I've just said to the folks in the SAM thread, keep up the great work, and take all the time you need to get this done properly. I know I'll definitely be appreciating it when the new release does finally come out.

Are any bridges in the plans? If you're overwhelmed, I don't mind it being on the backburner, but it strikes me as something that'll eventually be needed.  The problem of crossing rivers though will be largely reduced I suspect thanks to the collaboration with blahdy. I'm only querying about the RHW-4 and RHW-2, It's pretty much a given to my mind that anything else would not be possible due to game limitations.

Shadow Assassin

Actually, yes, there are some bridges in the works. Last I heard, fukuda was working on new bridges for the RHW (mainly a retexturing of the new level bridge that's been included a few NAMs ago).
New Horizons Productions

bat

Wonderful work, Tarkus! The exit ramps and the double-decker of the RHW are looking beautiful! Great texture, HabLeUrG!

Shadow Assassin

Just playing around with the possibilities of the RHW:

Say hello to the Urban RHW.
New Horizons Productions