• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Ennedi

Fantastic work Alex!  &apls

I was going to ask you for a few exits (for example this one connected with the diagonal lane), but looking at your pictures I see I don't need to do it yet  :D

Now I have a really horrible problem: To build my newest city or to wait a while for these fantastic roads?  ()what() :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Stunning work there Alex just stunning..... Merry Christmas!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Thanks for teasing us poor peons, Alex. :D

I'm really, really looking forward to NWM v20...

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Kevin

Palpatine001

Thanks Alex for teasing us  $%Grinno$%

Anyway looking great as always  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

sincitybaby

I-75 in suburban New Mombasa is being prepped for construction.  It will expand the interstate from 8 total lanes to 10 total lanes.  Another Beltway is proposed, It would be deemed Beltway 4 and could feature 6 total lanes circling the suburbs for future expansion.

Thank you for this, because none of this would be possible without your hard work!   &apls &apls &apls

Merry Christmas!!!

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bwatterud

Awesome.  How about one that makes a RHW4 with a 1 tile median?   ;D

ejeff2007

RE: rickmastfan67 - That lane transition pic is AWESOME!  I continue to be more intrigued with each progress posting.

Palpatine001

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 25, 2007, 05:27:07 PM
Doo-be, doo-bee-do. $%Grinno$%

Just what the doctor ordered  :thumbsup:

Just have to figure out why with the RHW only a small if any traffic uses the RHW but as soon as I replace it with a Maxis highway, usage is back up at expect levels of 3000 cars for a border crossing  ()what()
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Palpatine001 on December 25, 2007, 06:50:38 PM
Just have to figure out why with the RHW only a small if any traffic uses the RHW but as soon as I replace it with a Maxis highway, usage is back up at expect levels of 3000 cars for a border crossing  ()what()

RHW-4 connections to another city don't work yet.  You need to use a RHW-4 > AVE > GHW to cross to the next city or a RHW-4 > AVE > RD > RHW-2, or RHW-4 > AVE.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

sincitybaby

Will the RHW v.20 be available in euro textures?

regardless i will download this   ;D

Shadow Assassin

The RHW v20 will be... once I get over my frustration with Photoshop's inability to draw dashed lines correctly.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

sincitybaby

thanks for the quick responce, i prefer euro because it blends better with the asphalt avenues

Shadow Assassin

No problem.

Does anybody know a good program that combines the flexibility of vector graphics with raster graphics? I'm currently switching between Photoshop and Illustrator, and let me say that it's freakishly annoying, because Photoshop has the inability to draw nice, lovely dashed lines, where Illustrator does, but does not allow easy conversion between PS and I. Would Paint Shop Pro allow me to do this?

Curse you, Adobe.
New Horizons Productions

Crissa

Photoshop can draw nice, dashed lines.  But you can only manipulate them once.  Illustrator can export or layer with bitmaps if you wish, and Photoshop can use shape layers.

It's all about whether you have the skill or not.

-Crissa

cammo2003

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 25, 2007, 09:30:34 PM
No problem.

Does anybody know a good program that combines the flexibility of vector graphics with raster graphics? I'm currently switching between Photoshop and Illustrator, and let me say that it's freakishly annoying, because Photoshop has the inability to draw nice, lovely dashed lines, where Illustrator does, but does not allow easy conversion between PS and I. Would Paint Shop Pro allow me to do this?

Curse you, Adobe.

Hey, they have to do something to get more $$$$$!

Lollo

Hi! Since I'm a newbie here I'd like to ask the senators some questions about the RHW/MIS project... of course after some respectful compliments for the astounding work (the very last picture is incredible...). ;D

1- Why has the rhw13 been made unavailable for downloading? Now I cannot get any RHW....(Yes... I cleaned my plugin folder...). However, I'll wait the 20 to come :D
2- The MIS looks very good, but looking at the pictures I've noticed some texture differences between the RHW texture and the puzzle piece's one. Will they be fixed?
3- Will the RHW20 have smooth curves like the ones for the roads? They'd be great...

Thank you in advance.

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Shadow Assassin

1. Because it's obsolete. ;) We have to force people to upgrade to 20 because of a number of things that have changed in the implementation of the RHW.
2. They're being done as we speak. James (rickmastfan) is making his way through the puzzle pieces.
3. Curves are coming. They're ready functionally, all that needs to be done is the addition of textures.
New Horizons Productions