• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

iamgoingtoeatyou

Looks very interesting, I'll be looking out for some more progress shots, and anticipating the release.

Kitsune

Heres a question, is there gonna be a piece that merges two seperate one lane MIS ramps into a two lane system? It would make for simplier trumpets.....
~ NAM Team Member

thundercrack83

Brilliant work on those interchanges, friends! I'm boiling over with anticipation!

Haljackey

Hmm... 2 team members using curved RHWs, yet no information has been given about it.  Is this a suprise, a trick or a treat?  Whatever it is it looks great and I hope that its included with the next version!

Keep it up guys!
-Haljackey

dedgren

Shadow, Ryan (Filasimo)...

...my heart, my heart...

Got. To. Hang. In. There. A. Little. Bit. Longer...

Argggggh!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

David, you seem like you're in need of a virtual AED unit.  Hope you feel better soon!

Filasimo

@ kitsune: slow down buddy hehe this is only V20 we still got V.## after this  ;)

@David:  "we need 20 CCs of morhpine stat!! oh no hes going into shock "CLEAR!!!!"........   :D

@hal: easy there, simmer down have a banana, STAY TUNED!, we dont just photoshop networks to make it look pretty if that gives ya any ideas because thats not what we stand for ya should know that by now  %wrd
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

BigSlark

Amazing interchanges, guys. I'm very, very impressed with all the hard work you all have done with the RHW.

Cheers,
Kevin

sauron620

Sim_Jesse

When this v.20 comes out... I hope I won't drool the keyboard to its death  ()stsfd() :-[    Why did Maxis not think of a MIS? They're missing a lot of cash this way  :P

M1

Quote from: Sim_Jesse on December 29, 2007, 04:01:16 AM
When this v.20 comes out... I hope I won't drool the keyboard to its death  ()stsfd() :-[    Why did Maxis not think of a MIS? They're missing a lot of cash this way  :P

Still waiting...

JGCarter

tommiej

sooner than you think.... damn.. can't wait.
finally i'll be able to make my own trumpet interchange!
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

Haljackey

Quote from: Filasimo on December 28, 2007, 10:35:03 PM

@hal: easy there, simmer down have a banana, STAY TUNED!, we dont just photoshop networks to make it look pretty if that gives ya any ideas because thats not what we stand for ya should know that by now  %wrd

LOL, I'm calm!  I know you guys don't photoshop networks, but I can't believe that there exists a curved RHW puzzle piece!  Give yourselves a pat on the back, this will make the RHW even more realistic!

Patiently waiting as always,
-Haljackey

Pat

OK I heard someone needed a IV push of Morph, oooh errr I see he went flatline, shoot im late again.... Anywho looking good both Ryan and SA...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

Rivers of drool....rivers of drool.....

GOOD GOD SO MUCH DROOL!!!

j-dub

Nice pics, I noticed the merge going down before the viaduct though.
Merging onto the expressway is hard, but its even worse when I have to on a ramp, twice, meaning the ramp starts 2 lanes, for 2 sides of traffic from the road to turn on at once, but then you have to again, before the ramp reaches the actual expressway. In fact this was today, except then, I had to go across 3 lanes of traffic to make a left turn up ahead, so I don't get boxed in. Maybe there should be some sort of lane light, specifically for the highway, hypothetically for realism.

NOTE: in this picture, yes you may have seen this before, but these pylons weren't all designed for intersections, but ramps.  It was oh I don't remember, there was another team, the sign team or something who made this, pylon stuff for ground, and avenue. The last I saw was with the big dig pak. Will stuff like that get done for this? I understand thats a diffrent division, but I thought the same department. The dimensions across fully a 6 lane RHW are different than ghw, and 4 lane RHW.

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on December 29, 2007, 08:30:50 AM
LOL, I'm calm!  I know you guys don't photoshop networks, but I can't believe that there exists a curved RHW puzzle piece!  Give yourselves a pat on the back, this will make the RHW even more realistic!

You can thank lurker/modder extraordinaire Alidonkey for those new RHW curve pieces.  There are four total pieces in the set, which will be a part of RHW v20:

RHW-4 Double Curve
RHW-4 Outer Curve
RHW-4 Inner Curve
RHW-4 Lanes Shift (an S-Curve)

He also did a lot of the groundwork on the RHW-2-to-4 transition as well.

Just to let everyone know, we're on Alpha Build 06 for v20 at the moment.  It's edging ever closer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on December 29, 2007, 06:01:18 PM
You can thank lurker/modder extraordinaire Alidonkey for those new RHW curve pieces.  There are four total pieces in the set, which will be a part of RHW v20:

RHW-4 Double Curve
RHW-4 Outer Curve
RHW-4 Inner Curve
RHW-4 Lanes Shift (an S-Curve)

I also want to make a note about those.  As of right now, they don't match my current textures.  Unfortunately, I will not have the time to finish the upgrade process to the to match the default textures for v20.  They should be fully upgraded by v21.  I might even release an texture update patch sometime in between v20 and v21.  Same with other pieces.  It will just take time.  Same with the upgrade of the MIS pieces since they are still in the beta mode with the textures Alex created himself based off mine.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.