• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshiisland2

Holy cow I need this so badly for my Palmont City recreation project!  I'm willing to wait until 2010 for this...
@JDub: Did you base the traffic signals on something close to home?  I've never seen signals like that before and we have several rural highways by my house, which is pretty much in a rural area.
-Yoshi

j-dub

@yoshiland2 Okay, I don't know if you played EA's Need for Speed Underground, but this is based on those. I will be frank, I took the pylons from the custom naming ground highway signs, and canned the signs to replace with signals. Theyre just stand alone, so its a lot on every corner, overhanging. But if you really want them, I can email them to you. (don't post it publically!) I just put rhw to oneway to do this. I don't know if you have BAT, but if you did, maybe I can send you that file instead, with that you can have custom named street signs. That would be an impressive city journal, but I can't come up with street names, so sadly I didn't put that in my own game. If I change these a little more, maybe reduce the bars across and, do some retexturing, with eliminating the hwy pylons inbetween the bars, these can look like wire hung lights, oh that would be awesome, can't wait to try! Sorry if this got off topic. However, I think some sort of device where the MIS ramps meet the road may be needed, maybe not so elaborate as mine.

Pat

Quote from: Tarkus on December 29, 2007, 06:01:18 PM
You can thank lurker/modder extraordinaire Alidonkey for those new RHW curve pieces.  There are four total pieces in the set, which will be a part of RHW v20:

RHW-4 Double Curve
RHW-4 Outer Curve
RHW-4 Inner Curve
RHW-4 Lanes Shift (an S-Curve)

He also did a lot of the groundwork on the RHW-2-to-4 transition as well.

Just to let everyone know, we're on Alpha Build 06 for v20 at the moment.  It's edging ever closer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

OMG Faints......................

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tommiej

thank you Alidonkey!
those curves are amazing!!
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

yoshiisland2

Ha...yes, I have the BAT, and have played (and beaten) NFS Underground 2 and NFS: Most Wanted; right now I'm working through NFS Carbon.  I've already made Bayview and Rockport, and thanks to the NAM Team, recreating the highways is all the more easier.  I can make highway signs by myself, so thanks for your help, but I don't need them.  I was just wondering, because I've never seen RHWs with signal gantries like that. 

On a more related note, I was thinking of possibly making my own interchange for this project.  Only thing is, I could make the basic model, but I may have to send it to someone to do the texturing so it matches up with the rest of this beautiful work.  I'll post pictures soon if I can. ;)
-Yoshi

JGCarter

@ yoshiisland2: I LOVE NFS Underground!!! Could you post some pictures of your recreation?

Palpatine001

I like the shopped image there, would have many uses in the border regions of Solaria  :thumbsup:

Better get cracking with some home made fillers too  :o
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

j-dub

Don't these remind you of Need For Speed? I made them stand alone for RHW as well.

Filasimo

@jdub: if you are going to show your own work, please open your own thread in the appropriate section mmmkay? and 2007 is coming to an end so id want to wish everyone a happy new year!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

It'd be better for you to open a new thread with your work, because the NAM has a policy of not using lots. Your implementation of this traffic light set uses lots, so it technically can't be posted here. ;)

Plus, it's non-NAM-certified content. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

c0rnh0li0

I see a new tutorial thread.

I've got a good feeling about this.........

j-dub

My appologizes, I did not intend to show off, anyway, its just some suggestions for some sort of network props, for the MIS, exits/entrances to avenue-not necessarily that pic, but a suggestion. If you want a new thread okay, but I only brought that up to move the conversation forward from NFS to  the point that some people, including yours truly, would like to see signs, street lights, and traffic lights. I think those network props would be a very good compliment to RHW mis. I thought that was getting done at one time, but I don't see those network props anymore in you guys' recent pics. Unless I am mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Alex made the stand alone speed limit sign lots for RHW. Besides the fact, as you can see, look at the avenue closely. That is NOT a TE lot, but the original intersection, and there is no way to make Avenue te lots, especially intersections is there? I honestly never have and never will. Also, we all know there is only one way to remove those ATL traffic lights from the Ave intersections and only one program to do it.  I wouldn't say its entirely my own work on those lights. I also don't have MIS, as it is in developement, so I can't add network prop to that. At any rate, Happy New Year.  %confuso

Filasimo

@jdub: as we keep telling everyone else: aside from this we have a life and this is our hobby. the pic with the speed limit signs and stuff were development pics (keyword development) and will be implemented shortly. at this moment were more about proper functionality not eyecandy and that part will come once the functionality aspects are ironed out with what we want to have released for you guys.you just dont realize how many lines of coding the modders have to go through do you?  now sit back, releax, have a banana and STAY TUNED we have everything under control ;)
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

xmike1991

hmm..about that "It'll be released sooner than you think" thing, im thinking anywhere between new years and the 15th? Release it in 6 month intervals? j/w. But hey, you might have gotten it all done like a month ago and are teasing us  ;) you never know.

dragonshardz

That's the NAM Team for ya!

Functionality first, eyecandy second, released when it's ready and working.

jplumbley

Hello J-Dub, I was going to send this via PM, but I think it would be best to do this publically.

There is one thing I must say about you, you are persistant!

We have gone over the TE Lot issue before.  This is why the NAM Team has its #1 policy of no Lots.  The deep reasons why only recently came out but the Team has known that they caused issues but didnt know why.  Thank you Mott for all that information.

I understand your want and need for network props.  I want them too.  The issue is, there is too much to do in Network Modding.

- As you have learned from your attempts at textures, it takes a talented person to do textures.  Currently we are lucky enough to have 4 or 5 good texture artists for the team.  And these guys keep Tarkus and I busy most of the time.  Adding a new texture can add another 30 lines for RULs or more.

- Tarkus and I are the RULers of the team, there are a few others that do rogue things from time to time like Memo.  Tarkus has more experience than I, my expertise is only in one RUL type whereas Tarkus works in 3.  If I knew how to edit EffDir files I would be able to work in the other two that he can, but I havent had time to learn that yet.

- There is model making, there are a limited number of people we can goto for models.  Modelling entails not only network props, but also entails a completely different type of modelling as well.  For highway on and off-ramps there is a different process for modelling.  It is more complicated and takes much longer hence the reason only a few new on-ramps have ever been made.

- There are T21s (Network Props) as we discussed before, these are limited to an extent but are very useful.  There are only 2 people who can do these at the moment who are active.  Andreas Roth and Jeronij.  Buddybud, might be able to do these aswell from his experimenting with underbridge scenary.  All, 3 of these people have their own agendas and are VERY busy people.  Andreas Roth is one of the leading members of the NAM Team for organization.  Jeronij has a website to run and Buddybud has his own project.  So, the people that can do it cant.

To build a new network it takes a minimum of 5 people that can do all this work.  It is alot of work, but a limited number of people to do it.

Again, I understand the need, want, etc of having these network props, but unless you learn to do them yourself it really isnt going ot happen for a long time.  The goal of the NAM Team is functionality before cosmetics.  And unfortunately, that means Network Props are the last thing on our minds.

Please, understand that there simply is not enough time to do what everyone wants and we can only do what we can do.  Once again I am always willing to help someone learn, because it gives me a chance to learn aswell, but the person has to want to learn.  If you are willing to learn, I am willing to help to the best of my knowledge and try to learn more myself to help you out.  Unfortunately we dont have the man power to do it for you.

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Dexter

Great work, can't wait, the release must be getting near now!

Oh, and happy new year!  &apls
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

c0rnh0li0

Quote from: c0rnh0li0 on December 31, 2007, 09:15:44 AM
I see a new tutorial thread.

I've got a good feeling about this.........

had a feeling it was coming out for the new year. Yipee!!!!!

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

TopCliff

59 minutes left of 2007 here. Happy New Year to all! That image is cool. Gives new meaning to gamer art.  :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.