• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I see someone is taking up a certain trick, how cruel ......... 

Edit:
Tarkus    02:04:39 AM    Posting in RHW ("Rural" Highway) Project and MIS (Modular Interchange System).

Its coming, I can feel it! :P
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on December 31, 2007, 11:03:15 PM
I see someone is taking up a certain trick, how cruel ......... 

We learned from the best. :D

Quote from: xmike1991 on December 31, 2007, 01:31:49 PM
hmm..about that "It'll be released sooner than you think" thing, im thinking anywhere between new years and the 15th? Release it in 6 month intervals? j/w. But hey, you might have gotten it all done like a month ago and are teasing us  ;) you never know.

It's been gone through several new Alpha Builds in the past week. The whole 6-month thing is nothing more than a coincidence. :D  Watch for us to change things up a little in the future . . . after all, we like to surprise people. ;)

As far as the actual release of RHW v20, I can't say too much.  Other than "Happy NAM Year"!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Palpatine001

Hmmmmmm

Ok then I'll continue to wait patiently, in the mean time I'll go and play with the other updates
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

socomseal45

I was going to download this, but found it was locked... :'( I am patiently waiting for this to come out. It looks great.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Pat

Looking good there Ryan ;)  Happppppy New Year everyone!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Just a heads-up: the Euro mod for RHW has been locked on the LEX and STEX.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Shadow Assassin

So, for the Euro junkies out there, your thirst will soon be quenched. :P

But I'm not gonna release it yet, after all, I've only got the basic set done, not the advanced stuff (such as the MIS).

These are the final version of the textures, too.

EDIT: You'll also notice that the paths incidentally match up perfectly to the wear lines on the textures... I was surprised to see it do that so perfectly. LOL. :P

Picture taken with DrawPaths cheat on.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Filasimo

Hey guys,
The RHW V20 Reference Guide is out for wandering eyes to see whats in store for the next version. The thing is you have to have the mod at the moment!  :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

JoeST

WOW.. thoes textures are particularly amazing... *drool*

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Lollo

Amazing... Really flawless...

Only one question: Where is the download???

EDIT: I want it I want it I want it!

Regarding the euro textures, don't you think that the whole set is a bit too dark related to the other network textures? I'll download it anyway once finished, it is so beautiful...

Keep an eye on the Lair!

krbe

It's coming sometimes before Christmas 2021.

Andreas

The Euro textures might be a tad dark compared to the in-game textures - but I think they are very appropriate for a shiny new RHW in your cities. :) Looking awesome so far!
Andreas

M1

&apls

At long last! Is the RHW LHD compatible? Are the euro textures LHD compatible?

Lollo

Watching at those Euro textures I realized they are exactly as I want them to appear in my own texture mod (i like to edit textures to better suit networks in my cities) so a great applause &apls to you Shadow Assassin! I was wondering if you may need a help in texturing the MIS pieces... I'd really like to partecipate in their realization

Keep an eye on the Lair!

yoshiisland2

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 01, 2008, 04:34:37 AM
EDIT: You'll also notice that the paths incidentally match up perfectly to the wear lines on the textures... I was surprised to see it do that so perfectly. LOL. :P

Oh, I'm sure you were... $%Grinno$%
I can't wait for v20, but I guess I have to.  For the time being, the RHW does show up in the highway menu, but it doesn't change to the more realistic textures when I drag two networks next to each other.  As a result, I have to hold off making RHW for now.  But the wait is worth it, keep it up!
-Yoshi

blunderclod

I take it, that after updating to the New NAM that you can not create divided RHW until v20 comes out?
I've tried a couple of different methods and experiments by installing and reinstalling some of the old mods.
I can either remove the New Nam completely and restore everything back the way it was, or have the new NAM without the ability to create divided RHW. The other method is that by using one of .dat files, I was able to bring back the RHW's, but in the process loose the use of round-abouts.
Any speculations?

blunderclod

Sorry for the double post. Didn't realize there was a thread for NAM problems. I've read up on that forum and discovered the answer to what I was seeing. So disregard this and the last post.
As always, the work that goes on is absolutely outstanding and the programmers, modelers, and textures should all stand up and take a bow.

Tarkus

Quote from: M1 on January 01, 2008, 09:15:39 AM
&apls

At long last! Is the RHW LHD compatible? Are the euro textures LHD compatible?

Yes, M1, the new RHW is LHD-compatible.  I tested it thoroughly myself in LHD. ;)

Quote from: blunderclod on January 01, 2008, 12:44:29 PM
I take it, that after updating to the New NAM that you can not create divided RHW until v20 comes out?

That is correct.  It is because the coding on the RHW has completely changed for RHW v20.  v20 will be released shortly, however. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

sithlrd98

Great work guys ...Tarkus , I'm sure you noticed this
                                           NAM Update-January 2008--Released January 1, 2007

I know It was probbably pretty late  when you were updating, but I had to point it out cause I have only looked at that page about a million times with the amount of anticipation to pounce on V20 that ....sorry I better stop before I scare everyone! ;D

j-dub

Thanks for your feedback and suprisingly the release again, amazing stuff in there. It is well understood that this developement should not be rushed, but I am pleased to have responses to my questions. The RHW MIS, is this considered as the NEW highway now. I mean, is the Maxis one left in the dust? Where does that fall, I remember when that was updated, arguably the same excitement as this. What about in 10 years, will the bannana stay fresh at that time? I like the  developement, but good point jason-about life. So how long can be wowed with new developement? The one thing is, I went to best buy, and I have to think they keep making new copies of this game. I saw 30 on the shelf there, new packaging, with you guys and all the hype, and for 19 dollars,  I think people will still want to buy into it.