• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krbe

Quote from: krbe on January 01, 2008, 06:06:15 AM
It's coming sometimes before Christmas 2021.

There it was!

Quote from: Andreas on January 01, 2008, 06:28:42 AM
The Euro textures might be a tad dark compared to the in-game textures - but I think they are very appropriate for a shiny new RHW in your cities. :) Looking awesome so far!

And it could be toned down in subsequent updates :P

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

RHW v20 is now available on the SC4D LEX!  You can get the Windows version here.  You'll also need the new January NAM Update in addition to the main NAM file in order to run it.  There have been some technical difficulties in getting the MacOS version (without the installer) uploaded to the LEX, which we hope to have resolved shortly, but that version is currently available on the STEX at Simtropolis [link] in the meanwhile.

A lot of new features have been added, including the much-anticipated new Modular Interchange System (MIS), allowing for a multitude of custom interchanges with the RHW.  For a complete list of features, please see the Readme.  I've also included some more information about the installation process and FAQs in my first post in this thread (which is stickied to the top of every page in the thread).  Filasimo has also been kind enough to write up a very detailed RHW Reference Guide [link] as well, which not only demonstrates how to use the new features with plenty of illustrations, it's an entertaining read as well.

Enjoy, and Happy New Year to everyone!

-Alex (Tarkus)

mikeseith

YES!  Its on my computer...bwahaha.   Thank you so much.  Good bye all.  I have to go play.

:thumbsup: &apls

Filasimo

Its been a long time coming and I am glad that we are able to present it to you guys. Guys, PLEASE make sure you read the Reference Guide before you all ask any questions.  :thumbsup:

Now can we say V21? STAY TUNED!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

RippleJet

And the feast continues... &apls ...downloaded and installing...

Now, it's almost 4 am... did you have to release this at this hour? $%Grinno$%
I need to get some sleep before going to work... &Thk/(

Andreas

Well, I uploaded the NAM update after 5 AM my time - and now it's almost 3 already, and I need to update the Garabit Viaduct...  /wrrd%&
Andreas

RippleJet

Quote from: Andreas on January 01, 2008, 05:52:43 PM
and now it's almost 3 already, and I need to update the Garabit Viaduct...  /wrrd%&

But you don't have to get up for work at 8 o'clock, Andreas :P

yoshiisland2

Mwa ha ha...it's only 9:10 PM here, sooo much time left for me to test this thing out.  You guys rock and roll!!!!
&hlp The NAM Team is on fire right now!! &hlp

Shadow Assassin

But I've been using it for about a month now.  ;D

But the new features (especially the 6S and added ramp types) have only been around for a week or so and have been edited through three alpha builds.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dragonshardz

Kitsune

Quick question

Do the neibour connection work now?

Thank you!
~ NAM Team Member

Filasimo

not at the moment youll have to transition them to an avenue connection until we correct the issue eventually  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Filasimo on January 01, 2008, 07:36:47 PM
not at the moment youll have to transition them to an avenue connection until we correct the issue eventually  :thumbsup:

Or the FGHW. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Ramona Brie

Looks like my 4-lane OWR-based highway with a rail median will be GONE! Is it still as usual, i.e. businesses and homes cannot be accessed? I know it's been that way before v20.

Shadow Assassin

Yup, it's as always disabled for pedestrian paths. I mean, you don't want little kids playing chicken with semitrailers on the freeway.

So, if you want people to access the highway, I suggest frontage roads.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

blade2k5

WOOT!  Can't can't wait to get this installed....Boy, '08 is starting out in grand fashion....I made a killing in tips at work tonight ;D and we all got a new NAM :thumbsup: to play with.  I don't know how much more of this good fortune I can take.....

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

jgehrts

Phenomenal work, folks.  You've somehow outdone yourselves yet again.  I can't even begin to think about all the ways people will use this to make even more realistic cities.  I really look forward to seeing what people do with this!

magee_b

I've installed v20 for mac OSX, however there do not  seem to be any of the starting puzzle pieces. The menu icon is there for them, but they are non existent, and the option to tab through them is not there.... any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Tarkus

magee_b, it sounds as if you may not have the NAM Update for January 2008 installed.  The RHW mod itself contains the icons, but the NAM Update contains the RUL files that reference the actual pieces and makes them function in game.  I'd suggest re-installing the NAM Update.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

recyclerman

Three words:  YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!  &apls &apls &apls

I humbly thank you all.  I have a new game now.

Recyclerman